$25 to $30 Per Hour
Well known Non for Profit located on Northside of Chicago seeking a Staff Accountant to join the team on a temp to hire basis.
- Maintenance of the accounting systems and standards
- Delivery of key financial management reports.
- Complete biweekly payroll for 125 employees on ADP and make associated journal entries
- fiscal support for all grants and contract monitoring reviews.
- Assist with Accounts Payable(oversight, no actual processing), Live Check writing and disbursement, along with this position’s assistance with Bank Reconciliations.
- Assist with insurance policies and licensing requirements, including renewals, addition or revision of certificates of coverage and/or general problem solving for administrative matters, such as billing errors and/or service problems.
- Oversee month end and/or year end close timing and entries.
- Implements and monitors accounting systems and procedures for all programs, funding sources and locations.
- Maintains all financial records, budget controls and internal record keeping.
- Enters and allocates receivables (25 or so funding sources so this is minimal )into the systems to ensure that billings can be done in a timely basis
- Ensure timely collection of accounts receivable and reporting.
- Conducts fiscal aspects of all new hire orientations, including but not limited to verification requests, employee benefit selections, timecard collection and approvals, PTO and other payroll necessitated tracking.
- Reconciles all financial accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares support schedules as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, developments, and best practices in the fiscal sector
- Recommends continual process improvements for all tracking and reporting functions.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of cost accounting principles and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Familiarity with city, county, state and federal grant fiscal procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Two plus years experience, Non for profit experience highly preferred
- Experience with Fund EZ Fund Accounting Software is a highly desired https://fundez.com/fund-accounting/
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media