Our client is, an Automation & Engineering Firm, provides the highest quality services for the Refining, Gas & Oil, Pipeline, Renewable, Chemical, and Biopharm Industries. Our company has over 30 years of experience in Engineering and has a customer -centric commitment to our client's needs which has resulted in most of our business being repeat business. We are an employee-owned company with opportunities for growth.
Our Long Beach office is hiring for a Mid-Level Designer to join our company.
3-7 years of experience with the design and layout of instrument and electrical control systems for heavy industrial, oil and gas, refining, and pipeline facilities. Must be familiar with the use and care of personal safety equipment. Field experience preferred.
High School or Equivalent
Must demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and assist with development of I&E construction packages. Must demonstrate the ability to interface with the client shop personnel, inspection staff, and construction contractors. Must understand and apply all client and company safety policies. Have knowledge of drawing filing systems with experience in performing drawing searches.
- Ability to specify and complete data sheets for general instruments.
- Ability to size conduit and wire for low voltage instrument and control circuits (600 volts and less).
- Familiar with terminal boxes, marshalling cabinets, conduit fittings and materials required for instrument connections.
- Familiar with loop diagrams, instrument indexes, P&ID’s, panel schedules, wiring and connection diagrams.
- Familiar with equipment including Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, Single Loop Controllers, power supplies.
- Ability to lay out and wire control panels, with some supervision.
- Ability to develop instrument location plans.
- Ability to wire PLC, DCS and analyzer loops.
- Ability to develop Bill of Materials (BOM) from scaled instrument drawings.
- Ability to create CAD drawings, scaled as well as not scaled, from sketches and/or verbal instructions from Design/Engineering staff.
- Safety: Is proactive in all safety matters and displays an enthusiasm for safety
- Attitude: Exhibits a positive attitude, shows initiative and accepts direction from qualified sources
- Teamwork: Interacts well and cooperates with co-workers on the team; assists team members.
- Quality: Work meets or exceeds the company’s quality standard of acceptability
- Knowledge: Displays the ability to perform the technical skills required for the project
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and reaches acceptable and workable solutions
- Communication: Effectively and respectfully communicate on all levels
- Decision Making: Takes action upon decisions made with good judgment
- Competitive salary with a discretionary bonus potential
- Benefit Time Off (BTO) that can be used as paid vacation, sick time, holiday funding, or as cash-out
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) & 401(k) plan for retirement with employer match
- Company funded health and dental insurance with low employee cost sharing
- Wellness & Vision subsidy
- Company paid short term and long term disability coverage
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media