The Design Engineer designs and develops the high horsepower compressor packages and cost competitive air compressor systems.
- Design the screw compressor system and system components, such as the inlet filter, oil separator, oil cooler, after-cooler, air or gas piping system, oil piping system and related pneumatic and fluid dynamic controls etc. This design shall include the related heat balance analysis, fluid dynamic analysis, strength analysis and any other necessary analyses.
- Complete the P&ID or flow schematic drawings for any compressor packages. The flow schematic drawing shall be supported by the necessary calculation and analysis. Work with suppliers to specify and select any required mechanical component.
- Complete the detailed layouts for the compressor packages.
- Perform the design work with designer(s) as necessary.
- Review and check the drawings completed by designers, and take the responsibility for the design.
- Design the compressor canopies and compressor skids.
- Understand the engineering economics and conduct the efficiency and cost and reliability analysis.
- Apply the theory of screw compressors and their systems and develop the experience and knowledge to support the compressor applications and the productions.
- Complete the Bill of Materials for compressor systems and canopies.
- Actively involve the product innovation team and communicate any necessary information from the end users for the purpose of the product innovation.
- Complete any mechanical engineering related tasks assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Perform follow- up tests in the laboratory.
- Assist the Quality Department in the field quality resolution process.
- Conduct some small design projects
Required Education And Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical, thermal or electro-mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, mechanics of materials, fabrication processes, sound and vibration principles, and sheet metal and structural design on packages.
- Knowledge and/or experience in compressors and their systems is a plus.
- Ability to use Pro-E and Pro-Detail for all kinds of drawings and designs
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media