Sr Manager Corporate Reporting & Consolidation
This role leads and manages companies key processes, timelines, and related systems from beginning to end in the financial reporting close/consolidation and internal reporting processes. The role is a critical direct report to the Director, Financial Reporting and Consolidations (part of our controllers group responsible for Technical accounting and policy, consolidations and internal reporting, external/statutory reporting and SOX PMO – internal controls) and a key liaison for all corporate and other finance and accounting functions for success in our global financial close.
Key Job Activities:
- Lead and manage the global financial close (consolidation of legal entities and management reporting) utilizing companies Enterprise Performance management (EPM) applications – principally Legacy BPC, among others. This process includes overseeing the preparation of consolidated financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow), supplemental data (key account rollforwards, commitments and obligations, etc.) generation of reports which are distributed on a timely basis to senior management and the external reporting group, establish and monitor corporate close deadlines, provide inter-company transactional guidance, performing corporate consolidation elimination tasks, validation tasks, and coordinating post close adjustments.
• Lead optimization and acceleration efforts in all aspects of the financial and accounting close including timelines, usage of tools/application to provide required data, monitoring and compliance requirements, and conclude and report. In addition, documentation, communication, and training thereof, and establishment of governance processes for changes and capturing of cross-functional dependencies or barriers are also key responsibilities.
• Manage consolidation related activities to ensure internal controls compliance/relevance, complexity reduction and process improvements, and system/application enhancements
• Monitor legal entity investment and share capital activity (acquisitions, divestitures, loans, capitalizations, liquidations, mergers, dividends, etc.) and lead and coordinate related consolidation activities with Tax, Treasury, Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis, Legal, and local entity finance and accounting functions; Tracking organizational structure changes and ensuring that these transactions are properly reflected in the legal entity administration database (LEAD), transactional/general ledger and EPM applications. Processes are to be established and maintained in working with cross-functional teams.
• Assist other internal departments including management organization finance and accounting controllers/Managers, financial shared services, external reporting, financial planning, statutory reporting, and global subsidiaries in compliance with internal reporting requirements and adherence to internal reporting timeline, policies and procedures (e.g. communication of close timelines, results certification, acquisition/divestiture transitions, etc.).
• EPM application (L-BPC, etc.), LEAD (monthly close browser, Entity Browser, reconciliation browser, etc.), other Account to report (ATR) close applications, and various transaction ledgers related activities including oversight of master data maintenance, rationalization and coordination, financial data mapping, reporting changes and updates to various hierarchies, training to various accounting and finance personnel on changes in the use and functionality of EPM/local ledgers/LEAD applications, and various data validation tasks. Role will be key contact with EPM CoE group, administrators, and other IT departments to ensure process documentation, governance, and controls are in place and operating effectively.
• Provide assistance to Internal and External Auditors during the operational audits, quarterly reviews and annual audit processes
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Required Education: in Bachelors or Equivalent
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
• CPA is preferred
• 7+ years professional experience with strong career progression and with an emphasis on financial reporting, consolidations, accounting preferred. Experience with multi-level consolidations (SAP-BPC / Hyperion applications, strong SAP skills, and preparation of financial statements).
• Good oral and written communications; possess good organizational skills, a high level of self-integrity, ingenuity and initiative (self-starter). The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines.
• Ability to delegate and work effectively with others. Must be able to recognize problems and offer solutions. Possess high level of analytical skills with ability to interpret results. Ability to determine priorities and work on several projects simultaneously. Develop more efficient ways of working with the information and compiling reports and propose process improvements.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media