Director of Finance
$150M SEC Life Sciences Company, —Central Bay Area—$180-200K, no bonus
- CPA highly preferred
- Prefer candidate that started in audit and moved to FP&A
- Must have managed a team
Education / Training:
- Minimum of 10 years FP&A experience, with at least five in a management position.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance or Economics, or equivalent experience.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and project management skills with ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Drive compliance with the corporate budget, including coordinating departmental budgetary inputs.
- Provide financial data and analyses of budget variances to management as required.
- Ability to provide meaningful and insightful commentary on financial results to management, investors, and other constituents on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Evaluate opportunities from an operations/financial perspective, considering the product technology, patient needs, and market needs.
- Ability in exercising sound judgment and working independently with minimal supervision and/or guidance.
- Well-organized and a strong attention detail.
- Sales operations and compensation planning experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to effectively adopt systematic approaches to maximize efficiencies and scalability.
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, highly driven, independent, and results oriented.
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to affect change.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with major ERP systems and associated planning and reporting tools.
- Special projects/duties as requested by the Corporate Controller and the CFO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred, but not required
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs FP&A responsibilities, including bottom-up data gathering from the Commercial teams and various departments, to lead strategic planning, budgeting, and forecasting activities.
- Partners with department heads to ensure consistency between corporate goals, development timelines, and financial plans.
- Month end close support
- Develops standard reporting package for functional leaders.
- Prepares and distributes monthly and quarterly financial reports with operating results (company-wide and departmental level) and provides quantitative and qualitative analysis of key variance and trends.
- Conducts financial modeling to support tactical and strategic decision-making such as business case development, cost analysis, and sensitivity analyses.
- Participate as a key contributor to the upgrade, design, development, and implementation of ERP system.
- Develop financial model to administer bonus and commission plans.
- Experience developing financial “report writers”.
- Recommends and implements enhancements to the FP&A function and department to provide long-term scalability consistent with growth.
- Manage a team supporting the FP&A function, Service department and ad-hoc system reporting requests.
- Special projects/duties as assigned.
- Special projects/duties as requested by the CFO.
- Other duties as assigned.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media