$75000 to $95000 Per Year
- Family owned food packaging company located in Hamtramck, MI has expanded and needs to hire a 1st shift Control Engineer
- If you enjoy working for a fast-paced operation, thrive on challenges and are excited about automation, and continuous improvement, then we want to hear from you.
- They offer great benefits, growth and a place that people enjoy working at.
- Local candidates preferred and sponsorship is not available
- Timely and accurate repair of instrumentation, controls, and electrical circuits.
- Troubleshoot inspect, diagnose, test, and adjust digital, pneumatic, and manual instrumentation.
- Regularly work with line equipment such as wrappers, conveyors, depalletizers, palletizers, extruders, fillers, labelers, coding systems, inspection systems, etc.
- Troubleshoot, tune, and optimize control loops.
- Perform knowledge transfer activities in partnership with Maintenance Mechanics and Electricians
- Actively participate in cross-functional work teams.
- Use root cause problem solving methods and documentation.
- Read functional specs, loop diagrams, P&ID drawings, and logic diagrams.
- Find solutions to packaging and processing problems.
- Identify and execute improvement projects to drive productivity and minimize waste.
- Contribute to development and implementation of preventative maintenance program.
- BS/AAS/Technical Degree or PLC Certificate relevant to Controls Systems Engineering or the equivalent combination of education and technical PLC work experience is required.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs.
- Relevant instrumentation and electrical maintenance experience.
- Familiar with current electrical regulations, codes and safe work practices.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley VFDs and Servo drive components.
- Able to read blueprints and electrical schematics
- Mechanical skills is preferred; such as hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, valves, motors, gearboxes, and related
- Knowledge of manufacturing equipment is required. Experience in food, consumer packaging, bottling or liquid filling is preferred.
- Familiar with Industrial Control Networks (ex. Ethernet, Profibus, Remote I/O, DH+ Control Net). Is a plus
- Demonstrated capability to troubleshoot and calibrate Process Instrumentation.
- Must be able to read and comprehend electrical and instrumentation drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
- Strong problem solving and written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Willingness to assist and lead projects with upgrading, implementing and improving existing systems and controls
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media