Sr Credit Risk Analyst
$115000 to $128000 Per Year
Our client is not typical they are better. They are an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities they do business in. They love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of their employees say they are a great workplace that is focused on their mission, vision and the future of banking.
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off
- Flexible work schedule
You will be responsible for developing and reviewing credit policies and strategies as well as data and analytical frameworks that are used for loan origination, loss forecasting, capital planning and CECL; formulating credit policy and strategies; reviewing the relevant data to identify the quantitative and qualitative factors driving the credit risk for consumer & mortgage loans; leading evaluation, implementation and monitoring of third-party and in-house scoring solutions; performing model and strategy testing; and assisting with audit/regulatory requests. The incumbent is a key contributor to the success of the Risk Management team.
Work involves working cross-functionally with the Advanced Analytics, Lending, Loan Servicing, Marketing, Finance, and Data Service teams, preparing underwriting and account management presentations to management for review and implementation. Resources to do the job require understanding of internal databases credit bureau and other relevant external data, reliance on knowledge of loan products and credit risk modeling, as well as regulatory requirements. General direction is received from the VP, Chief Credit Officer.
- Analyze origination risk factors and recommend/implement improvements in underwriting criteria, lending policies and standards, and loan product pricing to increase loan volumes within the risk appetite
- Review and monitoring credit risk for credit products (credit cards, personal loans, real estate loans, auto loans, etc.), and recommend/implement line management, pricing and authorizations strategies
- Support new data acquisition and consult less experienced analysts and other functional areas on current data architecture
- Prepare data for third-party quarterly mortgage & consumer loan portfolio performance analysis
- Provide support and rule recommendations for loan origination system implementation and maintenance
- Collaborate with Lending, Marketing, and other departments to assess risk with respect to future new and enhanced lending products as well as potential Loan Trading Desk transactions
- Credit risk analytics including but not limited to economic capital analysis, credit loss modeling and mitigation, CECL implementation
- Partner with Loss Prevention & Recovery to enable sound collection strategies as well as delinquency reporting
- Build rapport with Database Administration to streamline two-way communication to ensure data quality
- Query the Data Warehouse and other databases with SAP Business Objects / Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio to extract, summarize, and save relevant data
- Drive improvements in test set-up to more accurately assess effectiveness of proposed risk strategies and team up with Operations and other departments for project implementation
- Work with the Advanced Analytics team to design and build predictive models in Python/R/SAS
- Evaluate, implement, and monitor third-party scoring solutions
- Prepare supporting information and present findings to management
- Generate periodic reports for audit and regulatory compliance and assist with ad hoc requests
- Help formulate and revise credit policies and procedures to address new regulations
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of an Undergraduate Degree in a Quantitative or Business/Finance field required, Masters degree desirable, and you have:
- Five or more years of credit risk/analytics experience in financial services/credit cards/loans
- Understanding of credit loss calculation and stress testing process, such as CECL/CCAR/DFAST etc. preferred
- Hands-on work experience on the credit risk modeling and risk measures (PD, LGD and EAD) preferred
- Strong programming experience for developing statistical models, preferred in Python and/or R
- Experience with relational databases and SQL syntax, hands-on with SAP BusinessObjects/Tableau reporting preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication, collaborative, and consultative skills
- Ability to successfully present complex analyses to internal customers with different technical backgrounds
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media