Product Design Engineer (NPD)
Are you a Product Design Engineer with NPD experience who wants to join a publicly held company whose business is strong? Are you a Product Design Engineer who has solid experience designing injection molded products? If you can answer "yes" to these questions, you should consider this opportunity.
Our client is a global manufacturer that is a leader in innovative and quality manufacturing of closures and dispensers. Our client is celebrating 100 years in business this year and serves a huge range of markets-- health & beauty& home care; food & beverage and nutraceutical; and industrial. Our client supplies both boutique manufacturers and the world’s top brands with a variety of rigid packaging caps and dispensers. As Product Design Engineer (NPD), you will work within the closures group which has a primary product portfolio which includes injection molded closures, threaded and non-threaded, lining, and assembly. In this hands-on NPD role you will report to the Director of NPD-Closures NA.
As Product Design Engineer (NPD) your primary responsibilities will include:
- The generation and delivery of concepts based on specific project requirements in an injection molding and assembly environment. Projects may include new product developments or improvements to existing products while ensuring customer requirements are always met
- Preparing and delivering progress reports against project plans
- Facilitating prototype tooling and testing for validations
- Understanding costs and cost targets
- Supporting development projects to ensure on time, on budget, and in-full performance requirements
- Working with sales and customers to clearly understand customer requirements, preparing concepts, and conducting design reviews to ensure critical quality and performance requirements are identified and met
- Working with internal and external suppliers for tooling or component quotations
- Performing tests in order to produce data to support performance standards
- Utilizing problem solving methods and tools to ensure root cause identification
Your background should include:
- BSME or BSMET
- 5-10 years of experience designing injection molded plastic parts. Experience in sheet metal a plus.
- Multi-part plastic assembly experience
- Proficient using SolidWorks 3D-CAD for design work
- Knowledge of FMEA/QFD/DVP&R, DFMEA, ad PFMEA tools
- Ability to drive projects to completion
- Root cause analysis & problem solving skills
- Understanding tolerance and stack-ups
- Experience with MS Project a plus
- Creative and innovative
- Detail oriented
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Well organized
- Team player
Relocation package provided.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media