Production Supervisor / Foundry
$80000 to $105000 Per Year
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, FOUNDRY OPERATIONS
Salary - 80,000-105,000 + OT + Full Benefits
As a Production Supervisor, Foundry Operations-Variable Shift in Waterloo, Iowa, you will be responsible for achieving departmental/area goals and objectives. Supervise semi to highly skilled production and/or maintenance employees on an assigned shift to ensure the manufacture of products within established delivery, quality, safety and cost standards. The supervisor is the first-line liaison between the production employees and the management staff and thus also serves the function of representing the company's interests with the shop floor staff. In addition you will:
- Direct departmental continuous improvement plans and activities
- Monitor control plans, troubleshoot workmanship problems and generally supervise production activities to ensure that manufactured products meet or exceed all established quality requirements
- Calculating chemistry of ductile and gray iron in coreless furnaces, induction furnaces, and channel pouring furnaces as well as final iron that is being poured into greensand molds
- Plan for maintenance of equipment and facilities to maximize the uptime and utilization of capital equipment assets
- Implement and monitor safety programs and housekeeping
- Scheduling / Managing on time iron delivery from the Coreless Melting process to Molding Units based on the production schedule and make daily assignments including filling vacancies and assigning overtime in order to adhere to the Customer Delivery date
- Forward thinking person that plans the day and week out strategically and not just tactically
- Establish employee environment regarding communications, feedback and overall guidance. Ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully do their job
- Administer employee policies, practices, procedures and work rules appropriate for the unit. Monitor individual and line performance and take corrective action including discipline, as needed and respond to complaints to insure the Company and employees adheres to policies, practices, procedures and work rules
- Monitor and make corrections to stay within the department operating budget targets
- Work second shift initially and other variable shifts as needed, cover off shift vacations and rotate holiday schedule and coverage
- Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
What Skills You Need
- 5+ years in the Foundry business.
- 3+ years coreless melt furnace background, preferably with medium frequency furnaces.
- Experience in induction furnaces.
- Knowledge of refractory related practices in an iron foundry.
- Chemistry control in a gray and ductile iron foundry.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime and weekends based on business needs.
- Ability to hold employees accountable for their actions.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate operating and information systems.
- Knowledge of general accounting in support of establishing and managing departmental operating budgets.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventative maintenance and facilities.
- Understanding of Production System, Lean Manufacturing, Just-in-Time, Kanban, Demand Flow Technology
- Ability to work second shift initially and other variable shifts as needed, cover off shift vacations and rotate holiday schedule and coverage.
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience supervising a Union Workforce.
- Experience with continuous improvement teams.
- Experience in lean production.
- Financial acumen.
- People person with ability to have crucial conversations with direct reports.
- Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Metal Casting, Business, or Technical related bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media