Business Development Engineer / Military Aircraft
$150000 to $165000 Per Year
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Business Development Engineer for our Aircraft Military Aftermarket Sector. In this role, you will be responsibility for new business pursuit and capture opportunities for non-OEM aftermarket programs, with a focus on aftermarket growth. You will work closely with Business Unit Managers to build relationships with DOD customers and utilize those relationships to identify opportunities for new business in the areas of reverse engineering, modifications and upgrades to aging aircraft systems and repair and overhaul of non-OEM products. This position is based at one of our aerospace facilities in CA or NY
Maintain a high level of customer intimacy to enable to take maximum advantage of new business/growth opportunities.
Coordinate the market strategy and identify markets and opportunities for new Sustaining Engineering programs.
Develop working relationships with customer’s technical staff involved in non-OEM R&O, product upgrades, obsolescence management and reverse engineering decisions and program execution.
Serve as a technical lead for proposal efforts and function as program technical lead after contract award and up to the point of production transition.
Monitor opportunities for participating in funded programs.
Participate in management and resolution of major issues affecting the relationship with the customer and co-ordinate with Group Engineering management to forecast and assign resources in the support of new business opportunities.
Maintain status on Competitors products, services technology and strategy related to the aftermarket customer.
Travel to customer sites as needed (travel is typically domestic)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in Engineering or Business Development
- Ability to work on classified programs
- This job requires access to US export-controlled information.
Preferred Qualifications …
- Bachelor’s Degree is in Electronics or Systems Engineering
- Business Development experience in the Aerospace or Defense manufacturing industries
- Experience working with DoD customers
- Former military experience in procurement, contracts or logistics is helpful
- Understanding of the military aftermarket business environment
- Experience with flight actuation systems, controls systems, or electronic systems
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media