Sales Operations Specialist
$70000 to $80000 Per Year
The Sales Operations Specialist (SOS) is a subject matter expert (SME) for the sales team in all areas of operations, including, but not limited to processes, sales protocols and procedures, and tools and programs used (i.e. SalesForce, Zoom, PowerPoint, etc.) In this critical role, the SOS partners with the sales team, sales leadership team, SalesForce team, finance and accounting team, and the marketing team to develop, deliver, and oversee all training initiatives for new hires and existing sales staff to ensure they have thorough knowledge and understanding of sales operations and best practices. The SOS is responsible for the development and coordination of sale team activities, including managing and maintaining a library of documents such as sales procedures documentation, demo deck and other sales related materials, and marketing collateral. The SOS ensures compliance and quality control for all sales data and system usage.
Sales Operations & Team Support
- Leads the design, development, and maintenance of company sales standard operating procedures (SOP), including format, structure, content level, distribution, and use.
- Designs, documents, and maintains all high and mid-level sales diagrams, tools documentation, user-level process instructions, and quick reference materials/job aids.
- Provides support to and ensures the sales staff have the necessary resources and training for optimal performance, efficiency, and cohesion.
- Coordinates any events, meetings, and activities for the sales team.
- Ensures all staff is using the most recent templates and presentation materials and all information is updated and maintained on SharePoint for shared access and team consistency.
- Partners with the marketing department to maintain updated marketing collateral and ensures the existing inventory available to the sales team is accurate and up to date.
- Uses Monday.com to build and maintain projects and priority grids for the sales team as appropriate and necessary.
- Manages and assesses sales forecasting and opportunity inspection by partnering with the sales team to ensure pipelines are accurate and reflect realistic goals. Escalates potential issues to the sales leadership team as appropriate.
- Analyzes data available to identify and assess patterns related to customers, pricing, and margin data.
- Partners with the sales team to ensure all customer contracts and proposals reflect accurate pricing and packaging to ensure compliance and consistency.
- Continually keeps a pulse on competitors to ensure we are properly positioned in the market. Escalates areas for improvement or of concern to the sales leadership team as appropriate.
SalesForce Management & Development
- Manages and maintains sales data in SalesForce to ensure accuracy and consistency. Partners with sales team members as necessary to make corrections.
- Utilizes data from SalesForce to develop reports, metrics, and dashboards to allow the sales team and sales leadership to have visibility on sales performance against established goals.
- Stays up to date on new product enhancement and modules in SalesForce and develops and delivers accompanying training to all sales team members and any other users.
- Gathers and organizes input from the sales team on requested enhancements and partners with the SaleForce team on upgrades. Provides a through report and description to the sales leadership team so they can make informed decisions.
Training Design and Delivery
- Designs, delivers, and maintains all department-level training, including the development of training curriculum and materials to support the learning. Ensures all trainings are developed and aligned to address the various learning styles of adult learners.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) on all programs and applications used by the sales team. This includes the development, design, and delivery of all trainings for the sales team and any other team members using those programs. This includes providing new user training and training on product enhancement to ensure efficient use of the programs. This expertise applies to programs including, but not limited to:
- Continually evaluates working knowledge of the sales team and identifies any areas where there are training needs and coordinates with the sales leadership team to develop and execute additional training.
- Follows up with the sales team to ensure thorough understanding of delivered training and address any questions by inspecting what is expected.
- As identified, provides supplemental training to the sales team when areas of non-compliance are identified to ensure thorough knowledge.
- Provides job specific training on sales techniques as identified by the sales leadership team. Follows up on training provided to ensure thorough understanding and developing knowledge. Escalates potential issues on performance to provide feedback to sales leadership as necessary.
- Continually evaluates programs and applications used by the sales team to ensure we are using the most effective tools. This includes making a business case to the management team to use new programs and tools as appropriate to increase team efficiency.
- Conducts audits of SalesForce to guarantee the sales team is properly using the system and executing on training provided. Follows up with sales leadership team and individual sales team members as appropriate to make necessary corrections.
- Provides analysis and reporting to the sales management team on SalesForce accuracy and utilization so they can identify and address gaps.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of data inputted in SalesForce.
- Ensures alignment to our Mission, Vision, and Values to meet organizational goals.
- Collaborates with peers and colleagues in other departments to improve operations.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, information technology, or related field of study or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in a sales support/operations role.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn and teach multiple programs and applications.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SalesForce and other sales enablement programs (i.e. Zoom, BombBomb, Vonage) commonly used by a sales team.
- Aptitude to learn and teach new software programs, tools, and applications.
- Knowledgeable on how to effectively create training programs that will address different learning styles with the ability to effectively deliver training programs to adult learners. This includes the creation of training materials to support the learning.
- Energetic, go-getter with strong abilities to build relationships, follow up on requests, and complete tasks.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset to understand upcoming needs of the sales team.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and respond to changing needs as they present in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple calendars to ensure sales staff knows their schedule.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to develop and deliver trainings to a diverse population to meet various learning styles.
- Ability to coordinate and plan events to meet the needs of the sales team.
- Ability to partner with multiple departments within the organization to ensure cross-departmental communication and synergy.
- Strong research and analytical skills to review the integrity of data in multiple programs and applications used by the sales team.
- Ability to provide comprehensive reports to the sales management team to “tell a story” on the performance of the sales team.
- Ability to identify and develop a training plan for any knowledge gaps or training needs of the sales team and administrative staff.
- Ability to align to goals, Mission, Vision, and Values to support the sales initiatives and organizational needs.
Work performed in a standard office environment.
Work performed in a standard home office (telework) environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexibility related to work hours as project demands arise.
- Occasionally required to lift 5 to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to sit at a computer and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to communicate verbally to speak and hear.
- Must have close and classroom vision.
Travel may be necessary, up to 10% of the time (local, regional). Travel would involve the following mode(s) of travel: car, train, and air.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media