Sr. Automation Controls Engineer - Box Packaging
A Senior Automation & Controls Engineer with box packaging and robotic box palletizing experience is needed in Grand Prairie, TX for a manufacturer of plastic consumer products. This role is accountable for the creation, documentation, and testing of different automated packaging options to fully automated the packaging processes.
This Sr. Automation & Controls Engineer will lead the implementation of automation projects in the manufacturing environment starting in one facility and rolling out to existing and future facilities. This role will manage multiple projects of varying complexity and size, which will include new projects, improvements, and upgrades to current systems. Also work cross-functionally with Engineers, technicians, IT infrastructure, manufacturing, and quality control. LOW TRAVEL - 5%
* Generous Comp. * Relocation Assistance * Full Benefits * Privately-owned/operated so NO RED TAPE! *
- Design and program control systems for high-speed automation and precision handling systems.
- Research, recommend and evaluate equipment and systems for the packaging of industrial and consumer products
- Support several facets by providing master planning, design, execution, and start-up services for packaging systems
- Provide complex and effective automation and controls support to plant operations
- Execute automation technology projects end to end from project planning to implementation
- Perform on-site commissioning of automation equipment
- Provide support for System Integrations as well as the expansion of facilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree within an Engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing technical projects is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience with any of the following: Robotic automation (can be articulating arm, gantry or other types of robots), automated case packing, automated palletizing or other automation of tasks formerly performed with human labor
- Minimum 2 years of experience with box erection and tape processes
- Experience in designing, testing, and installing electrical control panels in industrial or manufacturing settings is required
- Experience with automation design and implementation within an industrial environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and instruct management, engineers, maintenance, and equipment operators
- Conveyor system and material handling experience
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media