Field Service Technician
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation, start up and debug of equipment at customer locations.
- Provide service maintenance, troubleshooting, and training following established company procedures.
- Greater than 75% travel required.
- Serve as the liaison between the customer and company. Ensure the customer receives the final, up-to-date machine documentation (manuals, electrical drawings, etc.).
- Manage the assigned project ensuring schedules and objectives are met. Ensure customer satisfaction by obtaining written site acceptance on work performed.
- Demonstrate profound knowledge of the theory of operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all equipment, operator interfaces, applied technologies and sub-components applied in the manufacture of equipment.
- Utilize Dynamics 365 Field Service Module to complete daily time entries. Provide trip report entries detailing service trip progression and results.
- Manage trip expenses utilizing SAP Concur platform.
- Provide in-house technical and phone support when requested.
- Use a wide variety of resources (hand tools, computers, and software) to perform routine and non-routine maintenance, troubleshooting and reports.
- Support back office ensuring all daily/weekly documentation is completed, accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree in applied technology or completed mechanical/electrical apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- Short-term training in programmable controllers is desired.
- 3+ years of experience in a field service capacity or as a plant maintenance technician.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and programming background. This includes robotics and PLC ladder logic. FANUC robotics experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding meeting deadlines.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media