Job Title: Medical Director
Reports To: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This is a fulltime position located in Winter Park, Florida
The Medical Director provides leadership and supervision to the clinic healthcare staff for day-to-day operations and continuous quality improvement by measuring and monitoring clinic operations. Successful performance includes the ability to lead and excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented culture with the motivation to become an integral part of a rapidly growing organization.
Our mission is to end the HIV/STI epidemic in Florida through comprehensive health education, prevention, testing and treatment. Our focus is culturally competent infectious disease prevention and treatment while maintaining a high degree of professional competency and the highest possible ethical standards. The Medical Director is expected to provide sensitive, quality health care and related services targeted to patients requiring prevention and treatment for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and Sexually Transmitted Diseases in underserved and LGBTQ+ communities.
- HIPAA laws confidentiality compliance requirements
- Legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care
- Relevant community medical diagnostic and patient care services
- Related accreditation and certification requirements
PATIENT CARE SKILLS:
- Diagnosing, educating, treating HIV/STI/HEP infected and uninfected adult patients in ambulatory care setting. Developing and maintaining referral network of medical or surgical specialists as needed. Triaging and providing comprehensive medical management of HIV/STI/HEP patients
- Coordinating non-medical care with case management, adherence counselors, nutritionist, mental health, and other services
- Providing leadership, training, supervision, and compliance for all medical providers. Participating in telemedicine, administrative, and leadership meetings as well as community outreach to maximize clinic utilization
- Using relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids
- Prescribing drug dosages and instructing patients in correct usage
- Updating current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment
- Utilizing modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Demonstrate Hope & Help’s mission and values to patients, staff, and the public
- Understand medical operations and prioritization for growth
- Possess a style that encourages teamwork and collaboration
- Utilize problem solving and risk mitigation skills
- Perform well under pressure and maintain composure in challenging situations
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Exhibit integrity, honesty, and a sense of personal accountability
- Manage conflict resolution with equanimity
- Possess strong listening skills and create win/win solutions
- Provide clear written and verbal communications to patients and staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with medical community
- Use Excel, Word, and basic computer operations
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and/or REGISTRATION
- Applicants must be Board Certified in adult Infectious Disease, Primary Care, Family / Internal Medicine with HIV fellowship or AAHIVM certification preferred or related field from said residency and possess or be eligible for a Florida Medical Practitioner License (without restrictions)
- Possess a valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Department of Public Safety (DPS) registration (without restrictions), for prescription writing
- Current Insurance Panel registrations available for transfer
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience practicing medicine; Five (5) years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience; Five 5+ years of medical administration or general management experience in a clinical environment is preferred
- HIV positive and/or multilingual a plus
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be required.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media