$175000 to $200000 Per Year
$175-200K plus 20% bonus
Our fast-paced manufacturing client in Chino, CA is looking to hire a Plant Director. This position directs the day-to-day and strategic activities of a highly complex, large plant to achieve financial and operating objectives. The Plant Director is a key leadership role which manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, warehouse, quality, customer relations, human resources, and finance.
- Promotes a proactive and sustainable environmental, health and safety culture that supports the company “zero incident” goal and exceeds local, state and federal requirements.
- Directs operational effectiveness to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure customer deliver and quality expectations are met.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of capital improvement projects to ensure adherence to approved plans, schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial management of the plant, control the spending in all areas of capital, labor, energy and inventory.
- Resolve operational, manufacturing, employee and customer issues.
- Responsible for compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in food and/or pharmaceutical to consistently manufacture products according to quality standards as well as customer and regulatory quality standards.
- Work closely with customer contacts to ensure coordination of activities and facilitation of customer relationship.
- Responsible for the overall development of people and skills throughout the plant to support talent management.
- Manage team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, monitoring, and performance management.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field preferred. Masters degree a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years plant supervisory experience required, including 3 years in operations management.
- Proven track record of success in a large operation in the plastics packaging industry.
- Experience overseeing functions such as accounting or finance, safety and human resources and quality is preferred.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Manufacturing experience in a leadership role for a complete, large and fast-moving company with full P&L responsibilities.
- Okay with expected travel of 10%.
- Health insurance
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media