Field Service Technician
Work for a growing OEM in Chaska, MN that has been delivering high-end water process and service solutions for industries throughout North America for over 50 years. They manufacture systems that treat and purify water for makers of cutting-edge medicines, brand name food and beverage producers, researchers exploring the human genome, and power districts.
The Field Service Technician role requires strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to support sophisticated water treatment systems, for a wide variety of challenging applications. The Field Service Technicians will repair and commission process technologies such as: reverse osmosis (RO), demineralization (DI), ultraviolet (UV), water softeners, ion exchange, pressure filters, chemicals, ultrafiltration (UF), nanofiltration (NF), etc. This position requires extensive travel (80%), including some international.
This company understands the importance or work/life balance and makes every effort to provide an enjoyable and fun environment.
- Provide courteous and professional customer service support
- Comprehend customer issues/requirements and finds solutions or recommendations
- Manage all on-site repairs, maintenance and testing tasks
- Diagnose and troubleshoot errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Start-up newly fabricated and installed equipment
- Train customer’s personnel on how to operate the system
- Work with Electrical Engineering/Automation to troubleshoot and confirm program operation
- Keep positive relationships with contractors, customers, engineers and operators
- Knowledgeable on reference and operating materials for the end user
- Document processes followed for service work
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Maintain confidential operational system information
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending service training, workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing networks
- Offer suggestions to improve equipment or department performance
- Share technical information with other members of service and engineering departments
- Availability for travel on short notice
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies is required
- Efficiently able to diagnose and troubleshoot water treatment issues in the field
- Knowledge of plumbing valves, pumps and instruments (pressure, flow, pH, conductivity, ORP, temperature, silica, turbidity, chlorine, etc.) is required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, PFD’s, P&ID’s, general arrangements and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Organizational skills
- Must live in Twin Cities area
- Computer skills such as: Word, Excel, RS Linx, RS Logix 500, RS Logix 5000, FactoryTalk View, etc.
- Ability to upload and download PLC and HMI programs and troubleshoot ladder logic PLC programs
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media