Senior Manager of Human Resources
Job Title: Senior Manager, Human Resources
Summary: Provides Human Resources support and leadership to the manufacturing plant. Acts as the Human Resources business partner reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources (North America) with a strong dotted-line to the Senior Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize standard processes and best practices to align human resource initiatives with operational objectives.
- Drive improvement to human capital programs at the plant through key performance indicators and problem solving.
- Partners with site operations leaders to ensure proactive positive employee relations programs are implemented and positive plant morale is realized.
- Create and implement innovative and cost effective strategies and tactics to attract and retain top talent at all levels of the plant.
- Leads staffing and recruitment activities, including manpower planning. Leads the direct hiring for production team members. Responsible for full-cycle recruiting process for salaried staffing.
- Process candidate background checks and drug tests. Process offer letters and new hire paperwork as required. Enter all payroll data and information into payroll database. Maintain all electronic data as necessary.
- Manage all employee leaves of absences and responds to unemployment claims as appropriate.
- Conduct employee investigations and advise management regarding appropriate resolution of issues.
- Participates in developing and responsible for maintaining employee policies, procedures, and practices.
- Oversees company and employee recognition events and activities.
- Conducts new hire orientation.
- Partnering with Plant Management to track the attendance management program.
- Responsible for leading the training and development of the site, including on-boarding, managing the performance review process, managing succession development for the local exempt staff, and partners with operations ensuring skilled training programs are implemented for the maintenance staff. Partners with the Corporate Director of L&OD to ensure leadership development programs are managed effectively.
- Manages the corrective action process ensuring the company’s values are upheld and that a fair & consistent approach to employee relations issues is realized.
- Responsible for partnering with corporate human resources to ensure positive two-way communications programs are implemented and maintained.
- Partners with the Corporate Director of Compensation and Benefits to administer the local compensation program by ensuring quality performance appraisals are completed, communicating with department heads regarding annual increase recommendations and management of local hourly wage rates.
- Supports the Corporate Director of Compensation and Benefits by being responsive to employee benefit inquiries and assisting staff and supervisors with various benefits issues.
- Supports the Corporate office in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and programs as required.
- Supports other plants, outside of their region, on Human Resources projects on as required.
- Develops and manages direct report by conducting performance appraisals, conducting staff development activities and directing and counseling staff on various HR related issues.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree with an emphasis on Human Resources/Industrial Relations preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a HR capacity with 3+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Prior experience in manufacturing facilities required.
- Strong experience with HRIS systems, with exposure to Workday preferred.
- Strong project management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be computer literate and should be proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred.
- Must be able to multi-task with good organizational skills in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Extensive knowledge of federal and NJ state laws related to Human Resources.
- Able to successfully navigate difficult situations and comfortable having hard conversations.
- With a high level of interpersonal skills, ability to handle sensitive information and confidential situations while maintaining the utmost in ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment with diplomacy, accuracy and a service-orientation
- Passion for innovative HR process improvement and efficiency, enabling a deeper focus on organizational development as an HR business partner adept at talent management and retention
- Work requires supervising and monitoring work performance through the assistance of other supervisors or administrators, including making final decisions on hiring and disciplinary actions, evaluating program/work objectives and effectiveness, and realigning work and staffing assignments, as needed.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media