External Reporting Senior Manager
The Senior Manager, External Financial Reporting, will be responsible for financial reporting to the SEC (Forms 10-Q and 10-K, and Earnings Releases), the Federal Housing and Finance Agency (FHFA) Bank Office of Finance (OF) (FRS/CRS submissions) and other external reports. This individual will be viewed as the Bank’s expert in the area of SEC reporting.
Primary Success Factors
- Responsible for the timely, ongoing filing process of SEC documents in compliance with SEC-required disclosures.
- Responsible for the filing of FRS/CRS in accordance with OF and FHFA guidelines.
- Ensures that FRS/CRS agrees to our SEC filings where appropriate; the majority of the FRS templates are the basis of our SEC reporting.
- Responsible for drafting the quarterly earnings release.
- Key contributor to other external reporting items, such as the quarterly member call.
- Ensures that SEC filings are consistent with requirements including the following key elements:
- Establishes planning meetings within the Finance and the Business Units to understand changes
- Identifies appropriate preparers of the text and disclosures; this includes the SEC team, other finance professionals and/or the business units.
- Key/primary reviewer of materials to ensure the information is accurate and in accordance with established workpaper practices.
- Monitors, summarizes and determines the impact of an SEC rule or regulation changes affecting the Bank’s financial statements.
- Develops and maintains a lead position with the Bank’s System Controllers’ Committee related to SEC filings. Participates in sub-groups and analysis of issues affecting the Bank. Main contact for all Controller group projects and working groups, related to SEC filings, OF combined reporting, etc.
- Coordinates external auditor review of the Bank’s SEC reports (e.g., Form 10-Q/K).
- Serves as vice-chair of the Bank’s Disclosure Committee and other committees as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, with an MBA in Finance or Accounting or public accounting experience preferred
- Current CPA license is required
- 10-years experience, with some in external audit and preparing financial statements; experience with a financial institution is a plus
- SEC reporting experience in a financial institution is required
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, internal controls and communication skills required
- Experience with SEC reporting and flowcharting software, specifically Workiva, is a plus
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media