Building Maintenance Mechanic
$100000 to $115000 Per Year
Building Maintenance Mechanic-Fremont CA
no relocation-applicants must be in a commutable distance from Fremont
This position is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g., carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); general cleaning.
Performs other tasks as assigned including clerical duties which could include managing assets, creating spreadsheets, and Word document forms and work instructions.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on all assigned equipment.
- Monitors building automation system from either local or remote locations.
- Participates in on-call support functions to provide 24/7 support for GMP manufacturing.
- Accurately records information on all required logbooks, forms, work order system as assigned.
- Coordinate scheduled maintenance and repairs of the equipment and facility with outside contractors and vendors.
- Responds to Alarms for critical equipment.
- Inspects and maintains all building and support equipment in good running order.
- Orders supplies and materials for maintenance stores, maintains stockrooms and placement of stock, and fabrication projects.
- Assists with equipment repairs as needed.
- Performs assigned housekeeping chores and is primarily responsible for the cleanliness and organizing of all maintenance assigned areas.
- Installs equipment as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required, with Two-year Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced general tool and mechanical skills and knowledge, 2-3 years of maintenance technician experience.
- Intermediate experience with air compressors, compressed air dryers, refrigeration, HVAC and Chillers.
- Intermediate experience with painting, carpentry and small-scale construction.
- Basic experience and skill in sourcing and purchasing industrial supplies.
- Basic knowledge in working closely with contractors and vendors (salesmen).
- Basic experience in managing parts inventory for all equipment.
- Basic experience in fast paced GMP production environment under high quality standards.
- Basic experience working overtime, off shifts and on-call as required.
- Experience within a team environment and ability to work independently, self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Follow company policies and EH&S safety rules.
- PC and clerical skills required including Microsoft Office.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media