Payroll / Benefit Supervisor
Must have a strong payroll and benefits background. Must have prior 401K administration experience. Must have payroll experience in Ultipro. An Associate’s degree is ok, Bachelor’s is preferred.
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Benefits Administrator provides coordination and administration of the 401(k) Thrift Savings Plan. This position is also responsible for accurate employee benefit administration, and the administration of all payroll.
- Coordinate collection of 401(k) contributions and loan repayments from Company locations for accurate entry and timely transmission.
- Administer Fidelity weekly feedback file distribution to offsite locations regarding 401(k) auto enrollment/online enrollment.
- Distribute 401(k) Plan loans and withdrawals documents to appropriate Company payroll department.
- Communicate Plan changes/updates to participants. Distribute all required notices.
- Complete IRS non-discrimination testing and any other required Plan testing on a timely basis.
- Participate in the annual 401k and pension 5500 audits.
- Administer and maintain accurate employee benefit records.
- Distribution of required annual notices; notification of program changes or enhancements; resolve employee benefit issues on a timely basis.
- Communicate with retirees (letters and benefit summaries) that have retiree health benefits regarding open enrollment changes and cost share amounts. Track payments, code and send to lockbox.
- Administer H.S.A. and FSA – Run monthly reports for both Hourly and Salary for Finance.
- Administer COBRA program in compliance with federal regulations. Coordinate with broker to ensure accuracy, and coordinate Early Retirement Health Care Bridge Plan payments.
- Generate and process monthly insurance premium invoices to meet targeted pay date.
- Timely preparation and processing of bi-weekly salaried payroll.
- Supervision of hourly payroll clerk.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date payroll records; resolve discrepancies; process payroll journal entries, schedules, and reports.
- Act as primary company contact on payroll matters with outside providers, i.e. payroll service company, benefit broker, and banking institutions.
- Apply for state employer tax withholding and state unemployment account numbers; update Ultipro system with related changes. Process quarterly tax filing for State and local municipalities.
- Input system required updates into Ultipro.
- Provide administrative duties as required on confidential correspondence.
- Participate with HR Team regarding administration of FMLA, Open Enrollment, EEO-1 reporting, and Forms 1095-C.
- Responsible for reporting food packaging safety problems to plant management.
- Complete special projects, as required.
- Knowledge of 401(k) Thrift Savings Plan and current legislation.
- Ultipro payroll processing and administration experience, including related payroll taxes.
- FPC or CPP certification through the American Payroll Association a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, and ERP systems
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization
- Good interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills.
- Must be competent to carry out food packaging safety and quality responsibilities.
Minimum five years of benefit/payroll or related fields.
The position requires Associates Degree with related experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media