CNC Manufacturing Engineer
Summary: Responsible for supporting in-house requests for machining support by performing time studies, test cuts, CAM and manual programming, creating CAD models, setup and executing machine cutting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts application engineering on CNC machine tools
- Troubleshoots Fanuc and Siemens CNC controls
- Reviews blueprints of products and plans cutting methods
- Calculates correct cost estimates, and interpret plans and specifications
- Researches and contributes in improving production processes
- Programs and sets up CNC lathes and CNC Mills
- Trains staff in operating CNC machines
- Develops machine tooling parts with specific dimension
- Uses correct cutting tools and achieved precision in products
- Selects cutting methods according to the thickness of metal
- Develops and defines components process and application solutions
- Creates accurate cost estimates, writes engineering reports, and interprets plans and specifications for CNC machining operations
- Part processing recommendations and development of turnkey proposals
- Developing/ implementing custom demonstrations and training operators in the safe set up and operation of CNC machine tools
Skills & Competencies
- Understands G and M codes
- Turning and Milling experience
- Understands GD&T
- Strong hands-on machining background with experience in CNC operation, set-up, controls and computer applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot common machining non-conformances, like finish issues and/or dimensional issues.
- Understands how to fixture a part.
- Understands proper cutting tool selection, techniques, tool wear and cutting tool applications.
- Experienced with CNC machine tool and Wire/Ram EDM applications
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Proficient in Solid Works or similar 3-D solid modeling design and drafting program.
- Ability to work in fast paced and challenging environment
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Math Aptitude, 12th grade
- Strong written and oral Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Reading Skills
- Technical Communication
Education & Experience
- Four-year Manufacturing Engineering Degree or 8 years’ experience in a CNC programming position
- Advanced use of SolidWorks design applications for the production of complex models and associated drawings and data tables
- Understanding of programming requirements for multi-axis CNC Mills and Lathes.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media