Product Development Engineering Manager
$120000 to $140000 Per Year
Major and established company with a very good working culture and in a dynamic growth industry has an opportunity for a Product Development Engineering Manager in the southern portion in upstate NY. In this capacity will be responsible for the overall leadership, development as well as the delivery of high-quality products for the organization. Will provide leadership in areas of automation, fleet management products, and energy products. Will lead and manage technical programs and R&D resulting in new and/or improved product, increased output and/or reduced costs. Will mentor others and manage about 30 people. Executive management will be worked closely to support development of the strategic technology plan and corporate goals/objectives related to new product development. Will lead the team through the entire product development life cycle of complex products involving mechanical / electrical / software and systems. There is a management incentive up to 10% of base and a profit sharing which has been averaging about 7% as well as a competitive relocation package.
- BS Electrical Engineering, BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Computer Engineer, or BS Computer Science with a Master degree being preferred
- At least 5 years of technical management experience over complex products – electrical and mechanical related
- At least 12 years of technical engineering experience
- Need to have product development experience that leads to successful product launch
- Managing of projects experience with multiple dependencies
- Analytical and interpersonal skills that are exceptional
- Must have experience with planning and strategic analysis, business opportunities prioritization, as well as partnering with marketing organization
- Must have extensive knowledge of the new product development life cycle to include planning, risk analysis, requirements, architectural design, development, verification and validation testing
- Need to have proven ability to handle complex multi-task environments and successfully lead technical development teams
- Need to be a self-starter that is results oriented that is able to manage vision and purpose
- Must demonstrate and apply comprehensive/in depth knowledge of engineering management, development of technology, and process development
- Leadership skills that are demonstrated, both tactical and strategic, to drive the team’s continuous improvement
- Complex product experience can be out of automotive, off the road vehicles, material handling, automation, systems and software
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media