$100000 to $120000 Per Year
What makes this position great?
-Great work environment. Very low turnover and hiring manager is awesome…easy to work for.
-Recession and pandemic proof! They never laid any one off due to Covid and continued to grow when everyone else was struggling.
-Competitive pay and great benefits.
-Family owned private company with a great track record and great stability.
They LOVE promoting within. Great opportunity to advance.
-Innovative and state of the art technology.
-They even have pet insurance available!
SUMMARY: Our client is a leader in plastics manufacturing. They are known for having very low turnover and treating their employees very well while offering career growth potential. Experience with plastics is preferred but any manufacturing will be fine for the right candidate. As our client continues to expand and grow, they have created this new position and are in need of an automations engineer. This person will travel to their 15+ plants throughout the United States. They will improve and implement automation, robotics, and processes, utilize new technology, etc. They will also be responsible for working with contractors and stakeholders.
Utilize skills, knowledge and experience in robotics, mechatronics, engineering, CAD, electrical controls, programming and project management to design robotic and automation projects.
- Evaluate existing and planned operations, and production systems, for opportunities to apply innovative robotics and automation systems to improve output, reliability and reduce cost.
- Work with equipment and systems providers to develop solutions and proposals. Obtain quotations that meet project requirements, reliability, performance expectations and deliver economic value.
- Develop, plan, engineer, specify, budget, lead, implement and manage automation application projects to deliver on-time, on-budget projects with specified ROI and performance objectives.
- Collaborate, communicate and work closely with production facilities, corporate management, engineering, operations, and purchasing functions throughout all project phases.
- Manage the specification, purchasing, installation, startup, debug, and validation of new robotic and automation systems.
- Work with and manage equipment and systems providers to insure any and all corrective actions, operational and performance issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing engineering, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of robotic and automation production systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5-year experience in design, specifying, purchase, installation and startup of robotic and mechatronic automation systems.
- Experience in AutoCad.
- Experience in SAP preferred.
- Experience in electrical controls design and panel building is a plus.
- Experience in PLC and Robot programming is a plus.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media