The Material Manager will be responsible for managing the flow of materials throughout the plant. This includes purchasing, production scheduling, inventory control, warehousing, shipping, and customer service.
- Investigates new developments relative to material and supplies and takes action to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Prepares guidelines for the material planners to operate under.
- Sets safety stock levels of inventory components and finished goods.
- Determines component delivery schedules to support the master schedule.
- Ensures an attainable master schedule to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders, and to sustain the balanced, targeted finished goods level.
- Communicates with suppliers to assure timely delivery.
- Reports and resolves material support concerns daily.
- Effectively supports manufacturing by minimizing schedule nervousness and assuring component availability.
- Analyzes inventory to maximize turns.
- Plans for the phase in and phase out of new product introductions and engineering changes to minimize excess and obsolete inventory.
- Manages and assesses the material requirements planning system to assure consistency; analyzes the causes for inconsistency within the process.
- Coordinate’s material planning activity for material with long lead time as such to eliminate any potential supply interruption and minimize inventory.
- Responsible for managing the material planning group.
- Optimizes inventory value and storage
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related degree.
- Five or more years of experience managing Materials, Scheduling, Inventory, ETC.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media