Tax Accountant/Auditor CPA
As a "back-office" accountant/CFO, you will be responsible for managing multiple small business clients. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations, including monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines for payroll, payroll tax returns, and sales tax.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with internal audits.
- Performing year-end financial reviews, preparing depreciation schedules, and handling tax return preparation for various business entity types.
- Ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Responding to tax notices on behalf of clients.
- Participating in client meetings, both in-person and through virtual platforms like phone and Zoom.
- Conducting reviews of client deliverables prepared by bookkeepers.
- Assisting the managing CPA as required.
- Providing training to bookkeepers and interns as needed.
- Collect tax forms and meticulously track client paperwork.
- Adhere to firm procedures for gathering tax documentation from all tax return clients.
- Conduct tax intake meetings to ensure the acquisition of necessary paperwork for various client circumstances.
- Utilize Lacerte to input client tax data and perform diagnostics to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborate with the team to facilitate the smooth flow of tax returns and meet deadlines.
- Identify potential tax credits to optimize tax benefits for clients.
- Offer tax solutions for complex tax issues or errors stemming from incorrect tax filings.
- Identify legal tax-saving opportunities and recommend strategies to enhance profitability.
- Ensure clients' compliance with federal, state, and local tax regulations.
- Stay up-to-date with tax changes and industry trends through participation in educational opportunities, professional organizations, networking, and reading professional publications.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, with 3-5 years of accounting experience in a fast-paced accounting firm.
- A robust understanding of financial statements and general ledger accounting.
- Demonstrated thoroughness and proficiency in analyzing financial data, along with the confidence to engage with clients.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to take full ownership of high-volume client deadlines and reporting.
- Capability to meticulously track billable time in increments of at least 15 minutes throughout the workday.
- Proficiency in handling multiple clients and tasks simultaneously, including transactional bookkeeping and processing tax returns during tax season with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to explain complex tax matters in accessible terms.
- A team-oriented, kind, dedicated, and loyal approach to work, with the availability to work in the office.
- Working knowledge of Excel, QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, CCH, and Lacerte.
- Annual Continuing Professional Education (CPE) provided by the company.
- Additional qualifications such as EA (Enrolled Agent), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), or progress towards obtaining these designations would be advantageous.
- Salary depending on experience
- Staff outings (Fun!)
- Bonus potential
- Company paid health insurance & life insurance
- Casual work environment
- Flexible schedule
- Vision, Dental, Disability insurances available
- Paid time-off and Holidays
- Health spending accounts
- Comp time
- 401(k) / Roth 401(k) component
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media