AVP Project Manager Rail Signal Communications
$200000 to $250000 Per Year
For the California rail transit industry the Regional AVP of Projects builds relationships and provides strategic direction to assist with the growth, profitability, and project execution for the organization. This role focuses on building and guiding relationships both internally and externally with clients, general engineering contractors, suppliers, vendors, distributors, regulators, and industry associations. The Regional AVP of Projects identifies regional market opportunities, establishes corresponding strategies and leads the execution of the opportunities through a cross functional delivery team.
Expertise and experience in project pursuit and project delivery in CALIFORNIA working on various transit projects such as Metrolink, LA Metro, SANDAG, Port of LA, Caltrain, MUNI, BART, etc.
The experience needs to include signaling, communications, and system project experience working directly with the owner and/or general engineering contractors.
Position can be located in California or Portland, Oregon areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. MBA Preferred
- 15+ years Related Experience, including 7-10 years of relevant industry (Engineering/ Rail Transportation)
- Proven project engineering management leading capital projects ($50-100M)
- Experience and familiarity with California rail transportation industry
- Expertise in project pursuit and project deliver in California working on various transit projects such as Metrolink, LA Metro, SANDAG, Port of LA, Caltrain, MUNI, BART etc.
- Experience needs to include signaling, communications, and system project experience working directly with the owner and/or general engineering contractors
- Proven Relationship Management
- Proven business development, sales or marketing experience
- Proficient in all MS Office applications
- Excellent analytical, problem -solving, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Effective communications and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Detail-oriented and persuasive
- Leads in preparing business plans and budgets for new projects.
- Develop strategic relationships and partnerships with engineering contractors, GEC, and suppliers
- Leads the execution and delivery of complex projects
- Manage and revise annual business plans and budgets as needed.
- Identify, recruit and lead a team to successfully execute business plan within defined scope, timeline and budget.
- Develop training plans and performance improvement plans to address skill set gaps identified in business and sales personnel.
- Coordinate meetings, calls and communications between management and clients throughout the business implementation and execution stages.
- Analyze market trends and customer needs to identify new business development opportunities.
- Keep regular contacts with past, existing and new clients to explore new opportunities.
- Build and establish strong relationship with customers.
- Coordinate with sales & marketing corporate teams to develop sales strategies to improve company’s marketing and sales performance.
- Develop dynamic business presentations and proposals for clients and internal communications.
- Inform potential clients about company’s new products and price development details on regular basis.
- Participate in industry and sales meetings to provide recommendations and inputs on business strategies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of business plan, sales strategy and public relations strategy in order to analyze and provide necessary recommendations.
- Attend trade shows, industry associations and job fairs to improve company’s visibility.
The experience needs to include signaling, communications, and system project experience working directly with the owner and/or general engineering contractors such as Kiewit, Balfour Beatty, Tutor Perini, Fluor, Middlesex, Stacey Whitbeck, Comstock, Railworks, Archer Western, Herzog, etc.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media