$80000 to $100000 Per Year
We are interviewing Project Engineers and Managers with interested in a position with a multi-disciplined architectural firm with solid growth for the last 25+ years.
This position is in Evansville, IN where decisions are quickly made.The flexible work environment provides an opportunity to work in your field, but also to gain valuable experience in all areas of engineering. There is no boredom in this job, only exciting new challenges
The primary responsibility of this position is to design and layout of steel, concrete, concrete block and other common structural materials for building projects. This will include the following:
- Utilize computer design software (AutoCAD 3D) for design and to develop project shop drawings that are submitted for review.
- The ability to interpret and apply the structural sections of the building code. (Seismic, wind and snow drift loading).
- Reviewing job specific material specifications is very important. For that reason, the successful candidate will have an extensive knowledge of building construction materials, general connection types used in construction, brace and moment frame design, foundations, steel, concrete, concrete block and other common structural materials.
- Development of construction document packages based on the project requirements and application. This will include project coordination with other disciplines (mechanical, architectural and electrical), directing drafting personnel and checking project construction documents
- The ability to estimate is an important skill that makes the candidate much more valuable, but it is not required.
- Attending client and project review meetings, construction meetings, and project closeout meetings and conducting on-site surveys to establish and document accurate field conditions are important parts of the job.
- Ability to perform own drafting when necessary.
- On-site inspections of structural system installations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, AutoCAD, Revit and RISA also preferred.
A best-fit candidate for this opening has the following training, experience and/or skills:
- BS in Structural Engineering or Structural Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years structural design experience is required and some of that time needs to be in a consulting engineering environment.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license is strongly desired, but someone with EIT certification who is working toward their PE would be acceptable.
- Is legally able to work for any employer in the US and has permanent citizenship status.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media