Precision Maintenance Chamption
$25 to $30 Per Hour
Precision Maintenance Champion
Our Minneapolis, MN food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Precision Maintenance Champion. The Precision Maintenance champion will work closely with the operations, engineering, and maintenance departments to ensure that troubled equipment list is created, maintained, tracked and communicated to whole organization. Champion will become a part of the manufacturing work system team and will ensure that work orders for these assets are in the backlog and planned well. Champion will work from this backlog to ensure that jobs are considered for the schedule every week. Champion will work with technicians to ensure that these improvement projects are properly executed followed through, documented and value of the job is captured and reported to all levels of the organization. The champion will report Weekly and monthly to plant leadership team progress made and upcoming opportunities to improve. They will promote mentor and coach precision maintenance practices and will lead the facility’s lubrication improvement program. Champion will become a resource to the plant who constantly focuses on improving the life of troubled equipment and improving the skill sets and performance of the maintenance team as a whole.
- Develop, implement, and champion Precision Maintenance techniques
- Identify, develop, justify, and implement reliability and performance improvement projects
- Responsible for leading the following programs:
- Condition Assessment
- Lubrication Program
- Work with Corporate PdM team to develop and review real time condition assessment data for all critical equipment
- Work with continuous improvement agent to identify critical equipment failure modes
- Co-ordinate and support collection and review of all necessary before and after data to report value of improvement project
- Optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of existing condition monitoring tools
- Responsible for identifying and coordinating training for maintenance personnel
- Responsible for identifying and executing projects designed to improve equipment reliability
- Implement quality assurance procedures for critical spares and parts
- Implement quality commissioning procedures for rebuilt or new equipment
- Assist in the development of field balancing and shaft alignment work to ensure procedural compliance and that job tolerances are met
- Assist with developing and tracking Precision Maintenance® metrics
- Work with vendors in addressing issues identified through root cause and condition-based maintenance program
- Directly supply support and ideas concerning the planning of scheduled maintenance outages
- Perform, interpret data, and report on the following tasks:
- Tribology (oil analysis) inspections, including data collection, oil changes, bearing change, maintaining quality of lube inventory and ownership of lube storage area
- Lead / assist craftsman during precision assignments
- Research and develop alternative methods maintaining equipment
- Have a passion for the Precision Maintenance® process, a willingness to go above and beyond what is considered good enough
- Report in writing any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective, predictive or planned maintenance for production systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A strong fundamental understanding of mechanical, pneumatic and circulating systems operation, contamination control and maintenance functions
- Other duties assigned by management
- Willing to accept accountability for own decisions, performance, and behavior
- Ability to organize, lead, and participate in cross functional teams
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times
- AA in Engineering, Operations, or Business Management, or applicable technical knowledge or Trade School required.
- 5 years of experience as a maintenance technician with an emphasis on rotating equipment
- Experience in the installation and repair of mechanical equipment required. Diagnose and repair of all machinery and process malfunctions, must be fluent in mechanical troubleshooting, electrical troubleshooting a plus.
- Diagnose and repair of all mechanical power transmission equipment. Knowledge of Gear boxes, mechanical drives, variable speed applications, and Servo motors.
- Skilled within specific tolerances using various precision tools; Vernier calipers, depth gauges, dial indicators, etc.
- Understanding of PdM technologies and a sound background in other maintenance activities
- Desirable training/experience includes lubrication, alignment, balancing and equipment installations.
- An excellent safety work record and demonstrated safety behaviors
- Computer competency including basic Excel, Word, Power Point
- Experience with SAP, Office, PdM software or systems desired
- Read and decipher mechanical drawings, schematics, and piping diagrams.
- Proficient in knowledge of bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives, and lubricants standards and applications.
- 480v 3 phase knowledge required. Knowledge and practice of NFPA 70E preferred.
- Good math, oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical, planning, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude self-starter.
- Skilled in developing troubleshooting programs and job aids.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Maintain accurate records and data.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media