$75000 to $95000 Per Year
- Consumer products manufacturer located in Sterling Heights, MI recently expanded and is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor.
- This client has been in business for 75 years, offers great benefits, growth potential and stability
- Local candidates preferred; sponsorship is not available
- Provide leadership for the maintenance team, plan maintenance projects, troubleshoot equipment issues and serve as a resource for maintenance employees
- Accountable to ensure that the ongoing planning and scheduling of maintenance activities on 2nd shift are effectively executed in a cost-efficient manner.
- Assist in continuous improvement projects and to maintain and implement preventative maintenance system.
- Maintain preventive and predictive maintenance procedures on mixing/ blending/ processing and/or packaging equipment
- Oversee the completion of identified projects, manage work order and direct employees to troubleshoot equipment as necessary
- Coach and develop maintenance teams in preventive/predictive maintenance principles and concepts
- Develop, maintain and administer safety programs
- Investigate and assign resources to maintenance needs as required to support operations
- Ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner and ensure cost effective employee performance in the work completed
- Develop and maintain adherence to the operating units’ maintenance budgets
- Learn and utilize the principles of Total Productive Manufacturing, (TPM) including the accountability for failure and countermeasure activity as defined by the plant.
- High school diploma required. Prefer trade school, Associates and/or BS/BA degree in related maintenance field.
- 3+ years of maintenance supervision experience
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing setting as a Maintenance Supervisor. Foods, consumer products or related industry is a plus
- 2+ years of mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting experience. Able to troubleshoot any of the following is preferred: motors, pumps, high speed packaging equipment, robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyors, 480 volts, VFD’s, PLC’s, etc.
- Experience managing electrical and mechanical technicians
- Excellent leadership skills, able to be self-motivated and manage multiple areas in a large facility on 2nd shift
- Excellent communication skills and able to think on your feet to quickly solve problems
Military veterans preferred
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media