Cost Accountant - Senior
Our client is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality instrumentation and software for imaging and analysis in TEM and SEM applications Their name is recognized and respected throughout the worldwide scientific community and has been synonymous with high quality products and the industry's leading technology.
The Senior Cost Accountant - Candidate will report to the US Operations Controller and is directly responsible for managing and coordinating daily accounting functions for the business. This includes responsibility for financial closing, financial reporting, working capital management, and ensuring compliance with accounting procedures and internal controls. This individual must operate with a high degree of autonomy and leadership.
• Drive monthly financial close process ensuring accurate financial results and requirements are complete within corporate timelines
• Evaluate accounting policies and procedural control systems and work to improve effectiveness and compliance. This includes monthly/quarterly SOX testing and upkeep of required documentation in the Corporate SOX database.
• Drive the implementation and improvement of business intelligence and dashboard tools and reports to provide meaningful KPIs and analysis that delivers insight linking to business strategies (e.g., working capital, manufacturing, trends, etc.)
• Work with Operations management to dissect manufacturing costs and identify areas of improvement in costing procedures
• Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations for cost and inventory
• Audit cycle count process and identify areas of opportunity for improvement
• Maintain the closing of financial systems including
• Maintenance of General Ledger accounts
• Review of General Ledger account reconciliations
• Upload monthly financial information to the Corporate HFM system and reconcile Trial Balances to the consolidated reports
• Assist with the preparation of monthly forecasts and the annual budget with a focus manufacturing cost and working capital
• Assist US Controller and Business Unit Controller with any other duties/projects as assigned
• Develop business relationship with functional leadership team and act as the Accounting and Finance partner
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA Preferred
• Three – Five years of related accounting experience
• Sound understanding and experience of Standard Costing
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Microsoft Dynamics Navision is a plus
• Must be able to work independently and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Proactive and creative, with an action and problem-solving bias with the drive to deliver results
• Superior organizational skills and attention to details
• Work requires effective oral and written communications skills as well as a strong analytical acumen
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media