Control Systems Integrator is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer based in the Houston, TX area. They are a provider of all phases of industrial automation systems servicing the Water and Wastewater, Educational Facilities, Petrochemical, Subsea, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Power & Energy, Material Handling, and other specialty industries.Apply Online
Why work here?:
Why work here?:
- Thriving business for nearly 40 years in the Houston area!
- Competitive pay and great benefits!
- Alternative work schedule: choose from regular 8-5 schedule or 9 hour days with every other Fri. off!
- Low travel - 10% overnight and mostly within the state of Texas
- Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid personal leave
- Simple IRA-based retirement plan with matching up to 3%.
- Design, program, test, and commission of automation instrumentation and control systems
- Prepare technical documents and design specifications for control systems and installations
- Write reports, user and maintenance manuals, procedures, and qualification protocols
- Work in collaboration with Electrical Designers for all projects
- Work within the defined schedule estimates
- Involvement in controls projects, programming, electrical design, and system integration
- Manage project duties, specifying, ordering (if required), creating and maintaining punch lists, attending review meetings, and undertaking and/or giving training courses
- Represent the organization in a professional and mature manner
- Working with project management colleagues to ensure that projects are completed on time, on budget, and to the highest levels of safety and quality.
- Travel to commission and support systems at customer facilities
- Programming automation controllers and software such as PLCs, HMI, and SCADA
- Project Planning/System Architecture Design, Networking and System Testing experiences
- Good communication with team members and clients
- Heavy HMI graphics development and programming skills with Wonderware InTouch/ArchestrA System Platform, FactoryTalk View SE/ME, Siemens WinCC/WinCC Flexible, ClearSCADA, GE Proficy Ifix, Maple Systems, Vijeo Citect, etc.
- Knowledge of PLC hardware and programming software: Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Modicon/Square D, GE Fanuc, Control Microsystems, Automation Direct, Opto22, etc.
- Electrical schematic design experience, familiar with low voltage MCCs, VFDs, Single-phase and 3-phases motors, and control
- Hand on experience with AutoCAD Electrical desired
- Quickly learn new technologies
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Software especially MS Project, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must have a valid driver’s license and have the ability to travel up to 30%-50% of the time to customer locations (Houston area primarily and other TX locations)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media