Plant Engineering Manager
$125000 to $150000 Per Year
The Plant Engineering Manager will be the Primary Technical Leader of the Plant Engineering functions at the facility. He/She will work on sustainability, continuous improvement and capital project activities to support the manufacturing and utility systems of the plant.
The Plant Engineering Manager will be based out of the Casa Grande, AZ manufacturing plant. He/she will report directly to the Casa Grande Plant Manager. He/she will have a collaborative role with Plant Department Managers & Home Office Technical Teams.
The Responsibilities of the Plant Engineering Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures all Plant Production Equipment is maintained & operated to company Design Standards and Expectations
- Collaborates with Plant Leadership & Home Office Resources to support Programs for Safety, Continuous Improvement, Problem-Solving, and Technical Training
- Ensures all Plant Utility & Waste Treatment Systems are maintained and efficiently operated to meet current and future plant needs
- Advanced Troubleshooting and Problem Solving of Everyday Issues to support smooth daily operation of the plant
- Oversight/Support of Key Permitting/Inspection Programs, such as Ammonia PSM/RMP, EPA/Tier 2, Fire System, etc. to ensure all local, state, and federal regulations are met
- Facilitates creation of maintenance and capital project budgets, and ensures that Budget Processes are followed
- Ensures that Facility Documentation (Drawings, Manuals, and Schedules) are organized and maintained
- Provides Project Management & Execution roles, as assigned, for Plant Capital and Expense Projects
- Provide Regular Reporting & Status Updates to Plant & Home Office Leadership on Plant Capital Projects, Continuous Improvement Activities, and Production/Utility Reliability/Efficiency Opportunities
- Supervision/Mentorship of Plant Project Engineers/Managers, when applicable
Skills and Experience Requirements
The Skills and Experience of the Plant Engineering Manager should include most of the following:
- Minimum of 10 years working in an Engineering role in the Dairy, Food & Beverage, Pharma, or similar Industry. Liquid processing preferred.
- Experienceon an industry with high sanitary standards utilizing CIP cleaning and sterilization, is preferred
- Experience managing subcontractors performing work in a manufacturing plant is preferred
- Understanding of Utility Systems, Ammonia Refrigeration, and Waste Treatment Processes is preferred
- Understanding of Controls & Automation Systems, specifically Rockwell Automation, is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years in a Management or Leadership role is preferred
- Strong analytical and applied problem-solving skills
- Ability to train, motivate, and develop others
- Basic AutoCAD skills, specifically for conceptual equipment layouts is preferred
- Excellent Formal and Informal Communication Skills, Professional Attitude, and Professional Appearance.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline from an accredited college/university is hihjly preferred. Industry experience will be considered in the absence of a degree.
- Available for Periodic Business Travel
- Company is a 100% Tobacco and Drug Free Workplace
- Legally Eligible to work in the United States
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media