Our client is a structural engineering firm that believes in the power of relationships is looking for a Design Engineer for their Raleigh, NC office. They provide full-service structural engineering services to a wide range of industries, including emergency response, entertainment and arts, federal, healthcare, higher education, historic restoration, hospitality, K-12, libraries, life science, commercial, and sport & recreation. With offices throughout the east coast, they are dedicated to creative approaches, collaborative processes and integrated design.
As a Design Engineer in the Raleigh office (HQ), this candidate this candidate will lead a great variety of interesting projects of many different sizes and scopes. This person will work directly with the project engineer and client, and will be involved in all phases of a project from design, to quality control, and construction administration.
- Our client is unique in that it acts as a “think tank” and encourages the team to think out of the box.
- No bureaucracy – just everyone working together to build a great company through service excellence and client success.
- Work hard, play hard environment – they are a group of hard-working professionals who are passionate about achieving success, but having a work/life balance is extremely important to the CEO so no workaholics allowed!
- They service a wide range of industries, including emergency response, entertainment and arts, federal, healthcare, higher education, historic restoration, hospitality, K-12, libraries, life sciences, commercial and sports recreation.
- All of their professionals are encouraged to grow and learn new skills.
- High growth even during Covid times.
Title: Design Engineer
Location: Raleigh, NC
Type: Full-Time Exempt position
Salary: $72K-$80K/annually plus bonus
Benefits: Competitive salary with full benefits, including 401K, plus company sponsored socials and professional development opportunities
Our client is looking for Design Engineer candidates who are passionate about structural engineering – able to handle multiple competing assignments at once – organized and willing to think outside the box to find the best approach to every challenge. Strong intrapersonal and interpersonal communications skills are an absolute must, as this role will work with both internal and external teams alike. The right candidate will have a basic understanding of structural design (building codes, engineering calculations and software, etc.) with an attitude that learning is never complete.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to handle multiple competing assignments at once.
- Work directly with project engineer and client in all phases of project from design, to quality control, and construction administration.
- Work with internal and external teams to assure best approach to every challenge.
- Actively engage in business development events and organizations that enhance professional growth, contribute to the profession and promote the business interests of the firm.
- Passionate about structural engineering.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Strong communication skills.
Education: B.S. in Engineering
Years Exp: 0-4+ years
Location: Raleigh, NC
- 0-4+ years experience
- EIT Certification
- B.S. in Engineering
- Highly organized
- Strong intrapersonal and interpersonal communication skills a must – will work with both internal and external teams
- Extensive knowledge of structural design (different building materials, building codes, engineering calculations and software, etc.)
- Team player
- Out of the box thinking
- Business networking
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media