Translational Research Lab Supervisor
- Assist in setting priorities, assigning responsibilities, and establishing timetables
- Project future needs and formulate strategies consistent with projections.
- The position requires experience in maintenance of mammalian tissue cell lines, cell isolation, testing for cell viability and proliferation and cellular and molecular biology techniques.
- Development and optimization of protein technologies including, but not limited to, design and optimization of ELISAs, immunoprecipitation and immunoassays.
- Maintaining liaison between the Director and Research Scientists to solve specific technical problems and improve productivity.
- Advise on laboratory procedures, techniques, and equipment, and maintain conformance with specific operational standards.
- Assuring that the Research Scientists and interns are properly trained in Standard Operating Procedures and equipment specific requirements.
- Maintain safety of the laboratory, including biohazards, ensure maintenance of instrumentation, calibration, and oversee monitoring of freezers and incubators.
- Representing the laboratory in interactions with other departments.
- Carrying out independent as well as collaborative research experiments using cell biology, biochemical, and molecular biology techniques.
- Involved in preparation of manuscripts, abstracts, and reports for data presentation.
- Master's degree with experience in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Bioengineering, or Molecular Biology.
- Applicant must be able to function in a dynamic, highly interactive environment and should possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills. The ability to work well with a team is essential.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in a research laboratory applying cellular and molecular biology, biochemistry, or immunological techniques is preferred (not including coursework).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, and statistical analysis software required.
- Proficiency with RNA, DNA isolation, PCR is required.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media