$65000 to $85000 Per Year
If you are an Early Career Mechanical or Design Engineer this is near Detroit or willing to relocate to the Detroit area this may be the role for you.
We have partnered with a Global Automotive Research and Development Firm to lead a search for their Design Engineer role in the Detroit MI area
DESIGN ENGINEER (job description)
· Design Engineers lead and drive the execution of new product development projects from Design through CAE, Prototyping, and Testing.
· Design component parts and make 3D math data and 2D drawings.
· Lead communications between the customer and the designers.
· Assist in determining and meeting customer requirements, along with assessment of product performance, manufacturability, and cost management.
· Set and achieve project objectives, kick-off, milestones, on-time completion and post-project effectiveness analyses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- NX or CATIA experience and/or knowledge
- Chassis knowledge
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work in a team environment
· Chassis experience
· Sheet metal stamping, welding, or aluminum experience.
· Knowledge of material stress/strain, stiffness, and strength.
· OEM or Tier-1 chassis design experience desired/preferred
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media