Tax Manager - High Wealth Family Office
Our client is looking for an organized and driven Tax Manager to join our team near Carnegie, PA.
Our client provides integrated wealth management for two Family Offices. The Tax Manager position will be a progressive learning position. The starting position will cover tax preparation and reconciliation processes while assisting with accounting, office and family services to contribute to the overall delivery of exemplary client service. They are a growing company that is working to automate processes and develop efficiencies. This position will transition into a tax review, planning and a management role as the preparation processes are automated. They are looking for a passionate individual with high ethical standards and integrity to join their organization.
- Prepare and process income tax estimates and extensions
- Prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts and foundations and work with a third-party provider for review and filing
- Maintain and create tax basis schedule for investments
- Assist with tax planning for individuals, partnerships, trusts and foundations
- Assist with preparation and review of monthly accounting for trusts, foundations, partnerships and LLCs
- Reconcile tax reporting documents to the general ledgers and make adjusting entries as needed
- Process payroll and related filings while working with outside services providers
- Process and oversee filing of 1099s, PA withholding and state specific annual reports
- Assist with office maintenance and organization of events and board meetings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required; CPA or MBA a plus
- 5-10 years of public accounting experience
- Experience with high-net-worth individuals, investment partnerships, trusts and private foundations
- Experience with general ledgers, journal entries and bookkeeping
- Knowledge of accounting systems, such as QuickBooks
- Knowledge of trust, foundation and family partnership accounting
- Knowledge of tax planning and tax compliance software; such as CCH and BNA
- Comfortable with technology in general; ability to utilize and learn different software and improve/automate processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel, Word, Power Point and SharePoint
- Family Office / Wealth Management experience a plus
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize many tasks and responsibilities while maintaining a positive attitude
- Effective time management skills
- Outstanding judgment Deadline oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with family and team members
- Ability to handle issues quickly and promptly
- Works well independently or in team situation
- Self-motivated, pleasant, and detail oriented, with minimal supervision required
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media