Manager Of Estimating
The Estimating Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Parts Estimation Department. They will be responsible for growing and training a successful estimating team. This responsibility will include strategic analysis and review of the current processes in place to create a plan of continuous improvement. The Estimating Manager will also be involved in standardizing the estimating process across multiple divisions of the organization. It is expected that the Estimating Manager will have the capability to fully understand the estimating process to review and approve estimates that will used in developing bid proposals for potential customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage the workload moving through the Parts Estimation department
- Review current estimating processes and develop a continuous improvement plan
- Standardize the estimating process across multiple divisions of the organization
- Review and approve estimates to ensure accuracy
- Provide guidance and assistance to estimating team as necessary
- Develop and maintain departmental KPI's
- Review lost opportunities as appropriate and apply lessons learned to improve estimating accuracy
- Implement best practices for estimating materials, tools, and processes
- Train and develop an estimating team in support of company growth objectives
- Support sales team on technical details involved in their bid proposals
- Demonstrated expertise in precision machining industry with knowledge of the power generation industry a plus
- Knowledge of CNC machining and programming (MasterCAM preferred)
- Experience using ERP system (Epicor preferred)
- Successful candidate should possess strong communication skills, a collaborative leadership style, strong organizational skills, be detail oriented, and hold self and direct reports accountable
- Bachelor’s Degree (Mechanical Engineering or related preferred)
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media