Senior Manager of External Reporting
$105000 to $150000 Per Year
Great career opportunity, with full benefits, a bonus, and paid training available! Join - we deliver solutions and drive innovations that protect the environment, people, and public health. Change your career. Change your world. Join our team and help protect health and well-being in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
Reporting to the Vice President and Assistant Corporate Controller at the Senior Manager, External and Statutory Reporting is considered a highly visible position within and will be responsible for leading the consolidated external SEC reporting and legal entity statutory reporting requirements inclusive of related controls function and compliance with overall SEC and local reporting requirements and operational procedures. Additionally, the role will support new accounting pronouncement implementation and perform accounting research and other related special project accounting matters. The role will work directly with executive leadership and senior management in support of driving the integrity, accuracy and transparency of our external reporting commitments. way.
Key Job Activities:
- Quickly demonstrate your ability to function at a high level in a fully integrated team environment that sets the example for working as a united team throughout the external reporting process. Leverage your executive presence and overall ability to be recognized as a proactive and collaborative team member and set an example among the team that fosters trust and respect. Key teams to influence include: Statutory Reporting – Regional and local heads of accounting, Statutory leads, technical accounting, corporate and local treasury, corporate tax, and external audit; SEC Reporting - the executive team, audit committee, disclosure committee, business unit leaders, SEC counsel, investor relations, Corporate finance planning and analysis and external audit.
- Demonstrate that you have the ability and confidence to quarterback the entire external reporting process across two primary areas External/SEC reporting and local/Statutory reporting. External reporting includes six key areas: financial statement preparation, press release creation, script preparation, supporting presentation, internal communication, and SEC compliance. Assume the responsibility for providing the highest levels of consistency and cohesiveness in messaging across all six areas. Statutory reporting includes compliance with local country financial and tax reporting requirements via project managing the planning, preparation, review and approval/issuance.
- Utilize your experience to further evolve key disclosures and communications and take the initiative to be informed on leading trends on best practices for external reporting. Benchmark these factors against other world class companies and interact with subject matter experts to provide insightful recommendations (e.g. disclosure effectiveness, SEC comment letter trends, strategic initiative communication, and emerging technologies). Evolve external reportingto better disclose and articulate (i.) the primary business strategies and their impact on results (ii.) Environmental, social and governance actions and metrics the company uses, and (iii.) improved transparency around the items we consider to be Non-GAAP or Adjusting items.
- Operate cross functionally with in the controllership to leverage external reporting responsibilities with consolidations, technical accounting and internal controls that enables the controllership to provide best in class accounting and reporting services to business unit and executive management and broader finance/accounting teams.
- Employee Value Proposition:
- Leading edge people management and exceptional finance leadership that naturally brings out high performance by setting a standard of excellence
- Opportunity to establish and participate in a Finance Rotational Program that will provide you with exposure to strategy development and business execution in a global environment
- Long-term sustainability with a successful, growing business model with strong financial metrics, proven performance, long-term growth prospects and a positively evolving culture
Required Education: in Bachelors or Accounting
Experience (North America & LATAM):
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in accounting and finance roles of increasing responsibility
- Experience in a more than $1 billion, global company
- A minimum of three years of public accounting; public company experience
- Must possess a deep technical knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is considered a plus.
- Strong system expertise with SEC reporting tools, specifically Workiva. Additionally, high proficiency with consolidations tools - SAP /BPC and ERP tools – SAP, is preferred.
- Experience in Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership including the CEO, CFO, and General Counsel competently and effectively.
Critical Leadership capabilities:
- Collaborating and Influencing
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where both parties act as true peers, and decisions are shared.
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus.
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives, and reaches out to those people or new people.
- Driving Results
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles and/or planning for contingencies.
- Shows strong feelings (e.g. urgency) about reaching targets.
- Checks work of self and others against Company's quality standards.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure the team is achieving results.
- Tests to see if goals are sufficiently challenging, and implements corrective action based on deviations
- Building People Capability
- Spends time and seeks to develop a clear perception of employees’ behaviors and how they impact performance.
- Gives critical feedback in behavioral terms and discusses suggestions for improvement.
- Uses existing institutional programs to support employees’ career growth in individual ways.
- Uses a regular assessment and feedback process to focus the development effort.
Certifications and/or Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
We offer our employees the option to participate in a full range of benefits, including a health care program which includes medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage, healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, an employee assistance program, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and sick time, a 401(k) plan, and an employee stock purchase plan. Participation in some programs requires that employees be regularly scheduled to work a minimum number of hours and/or to have fulfilled a waiting period after they begin employment
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media