New Product Engineer
$69000 to $86000 Per Year
Outstanding manufacturing client of ours in need of a New Product Engineer.
- Designs, plans, and directs the development of rigid plastic containers.
- Formulates the development plan and leads the activities related to the mold and tooling design and construction.
- Provides support for Research and Development (R&D) projects to achieve desired performance results.
- Provides support to manufacturing sites as needed to address customer satisfaction issues and maintain product quality.
- Monitors and evaluates goals while driving for standardized effective solutions to existing problems.
- Ensures continual appropriate communication with the commercial team, manufacturing sites, and suppliers.
- Ensures project objectives are met at the lowest cost while maintaining the highest level of quality and safety.
- The incumbent is expected to be a self-starter, a good manager of time, and to work both independently and cohesively in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
NPD Product Engineering
- Collaborates with Alpha costing team to construct product development pricing
- Evaluates designs for manufacturability
- Designs product using 3D CAD software
- Analyzes engineering drawing and specifications to ensure product quality
- Manage the product development from conception to defect free production
- Strive for continuous process and development improvement, focusing on quality and speed to market
R & D Support.
- Participate in development of preform designs for single- and two-stage technologies.
- Provide process support for NPD Lab, including trials and material samplings.
- Participate in development of technical advancements, identify, and protect intellectual property.
Quality and Process Support
- Conduct engineering studies to evaluate product quality
- Formulate a development plan and technical solutions to address on-going quality concerns
- Provide engineering assistance to commercial team and customers, including travel for on-site support
- Strong analytical skill set and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams to quickly analyze problems and develop effective solutions.
- Management of personnel resources - motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in work environment and manage competing demands.
- Proficient in 3D CAD surface modeling. Pro-Engineer Creo and SolidWorks are a plus.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Financials and Budgeting process.
Education Requirements/Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or other related engineering disciplines.
- 1 year of plastic component design experience or plastic blow molding process, including injection and extrusion blow molding is preferred.
- Experience with continuous improvement discipline (Lean or Six Sigma) is a plus.
- Knowledgeable with blow molding processes, including injection and extrusion blow molding (ISBM, IBM, RHB, EBM) is a plus.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media