$75000 to $105000 Per Year
The Buyer position is responsible for all activities to ensure supply, demand, and inventory plans are optimized and performed. This will include but is not limited to: Material/Item setup and maintenance, Review and analyze current and planned Purchase Orders (PO), optimize material flow, Ensure PO’s are processed and maintained throughout production life, Maintain inventory and operational goals. This role will collaborate with multiple departments, while leading projects and meetings to drive plans to maximize OTD goals
Duties and Responsibilities
Item Master and Planning Parameter Maintenance
- Manage completeness and accuracy of the detail Item Master to ensure proper scheduling and identification of assigned parts/product groups. Lot sizes, order policy codes, delivery schedules, and MOQs to allow Global Purchasing to negotiate supplier contracts.
- Administer application of system part parameters to facilitate effective scheduling, production, and delivery of requirements to customers or other facilities.
- Oversee planning of material flow to support the SIOP plan, customer orders, and inventory budget.
- Coordinate departmental activity to ensure alignment and synchronization of operational goals.
- Collaborate with financial departments to ensure item costs are updated and maintained.
Purchase Order/ Manufacture Order Review and Maintenance
- Monitor PO messages including but not limited to; release, reschedules, cancellations.
- Update promise dates on POs to drive visibility throughout systems.
- Collaborate with Suppliers through Portal to ensure visibility and priorities.
- Monitor price changes and escalate as required.
- Drive part delivery and coordination to achieve POs on-time and MO releases on-time.
- Includes Secondary POs- will be decreasing as purchase complete grow
- Oversee MRB and RTS processes for assigned parts
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain Planners to optimize supply plans to achieve OTD goals
- Review Demand Plans to ensure the support of SIOP and Inventory planning
- Monitor Inventory to reduce obsolescence and excess
- Update expected due dates on critical shortages of POs
- Utilize Lean DNA to report on identified metrics and proactively address future constraints
- Additional reports and analysis may be required as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Marketing, Finance, Operations, Accounting, Supply Chain or Management OR 5 years of purchasing experience.
- Capable of analyzing demand inputs and supplier capabilities to develop business improvement opportunities.
- System experience managing MRP signals and able to analyze the following:
- If modification to an existing purchase order is needed
- Reprioritization of supplier production/shipments
- New Purchase Order needs to be acted upon
- Modifying master data is needed
- Supplier transportation mode needs to be changed
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media