Testing Engineer V - Automotive
- Leads and/or supports large projects or processes of complex scope, with limited oversight from management.
- Coaches, reviews, and delegates work to less experienced professionals.
- Assists in the development of strategic and operational plans and implements for areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Researches potential new technologies, products, and test method development opportunities by developing and validating theories on the physical, chemical, and/or biological properties of materials and ingredients under various conditions.
- Devises and implements test methods and evaluates laboratory test equipment and processes. May also assist in the development of technical specifications.
- Makes recommendations concerning the acquisition and use of new technologies and testing equipment to support business needs.
- Work with internal customers to understand their testing needs and work collaboratively to create new test methods
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing equipment and validate testing protocols.
- Communicate regularly with lab management on the status of projects.
- Report and present project status and project closures to internal customers and stakeholders.
- May participate in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a bachelor’s degree in a scientific field; or 7 years and a master’s degree; or a Ph.D. with 5+ years of experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s or Ph.D. Degree in Physics, Engineering, Material Science, or Chemistry
- Tire and/or Rubber experience
- Physical Testing experience
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work within a team and collaborate with others
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and statistical applications * With prior Six Sigma and FEMA experience is a plus
- Experience in project management
- Advanced IT knowledge: computer programing, macro knowledge
- Familiar with lab safety protocols
- Knowledge of Quality systems
- LOTO experience
- Ability to perform basic mechanical and/or electrical maintenance, as needed.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media