We are looking for a Tax Director for our client in Charlotte, NC. This is a direct hire position and is hybrid. Fully remote is not an option for this role. We are looking for someone with public accounting experience.
- Manage tax staff accountants
- Manage preparation of quarterly and year-end tax provision schedules for SEC reporting (ASC 740).
- Manage preparation of federal, state, and local tax documents, extensions, and quarterly payments.
- Coordinate the annual Federal R&E Credit study and related calculations.
- Assist with interpreting and complying with federal, state, local and international statutes, regulations, and legislation.
- Assist with tax audits and other controversies.
- Assist with purchase accounting work for acquired businesses.
- Maintain tax related account reconciliations and required SOX documentation.
- Support outside consultants with outsourced tax compliance and projects.
- Support outside consultants in complying with foreign local tax reporting obligations.
- Recommend tax strategies and tax positions by applying research skills.
- Streamline tax compliance and tax provision processes, procedures and workpapers.
- Continually enhance knowledge, skills and abilities through continuing education seminars, professional publications, personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Assist with the preparation of internal management reporting, Board & Shareholder presentations, and footnotes and disclosures for SEC reporting.
- Assist with other tax research and projects as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance, CPA is a must
- 7-10 years of experience in corporate tax areas (U.S. income tax compliance, ASC 740, federal and state audits, tax planning strategies).
- Experience with recent international regulations a plus
- Public company experience a plus.
- Experience managing a small team a plus.
- Well organized, detail oriented and team player capable of working in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong communication skills, able to explain complex principles to tax and non-tax professionals
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Excel.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media