VP Patient Care Services / Chief Nursing Officer
We have been engaged by our client to source candidates for a VP Patient Care Services / Chief Nursing Officer (VP/ CNO) position. Their (VP/CNO) of seven years has decided to retire in March 2021.
Compensation Range 243K – 273K DOE, there is a potential for a 20% incentive if goals are achieved and a 5% deferred compensation. Relocation package is also available.
Northern New York State, North of Syracuse, NY. Contact us for the specific location. Enjoy all the amenities of the Thousand Islands and Adirondack Region of New York State. The region is rich with outdoor activities to include mountains, lakes, rivers, and so much more!
The VP/CNO is a critically important member of the senior management team and reports directly to the VP/CNO. He/She will proactively identify progressive approaches to deliver patient care and enhance overall patient satisfaction as well as the culture of nursing. The VP/CNO will demonstrate a patient first philosophy, foster strong partnerships with the medical staff and bring an inclusive and collaborative approach to the nursing organization. The VP/CNO will be committed to fostering an accountable, empowering environment that is supportive of staff and advances their professional development.
- Preference will be given to anyone who has worked in a union facility and who is currently working in New York State. We hope to engage qualified candidates ASAP.
- Will have a proven record of accomplishment and strong leadership skills, to ensure that the improvement process within the department continues, that priorities are established, and that goals are met. Responsible for the overall administration and leadership of multiple patient care areas within the organization. The VP/CNO is accountable to develop, monitor, and maintain standards and practices that enhance Nursing programs.
- He/She will be responsible for improving the quality, service and fiscal management of each area. The VP/CNO participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Hospital’s strategic plans, decision-making processes, planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities in conjunction with the Board of Trustees, executive management, physician leaders, and other clinical leaders and intervenes as needed.
- The VP/CNO should be a hands-on leader who can develop a strategic vision of the department and has the expertise to develop values and goals for a diverse group of constituents. The successful candidate will possess a strong work ethic and be able to lead in the face of adversity. The VP/CNO should be decisive in dealing with specifics within a broad conceptual framework. This individual will have an appropriate sense of urgency to react to situations quickly and decisively. The VP/CNO should possess a proven record that demonstrates their ability to function productively and collegially as part of a senior leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of the organization is a bridge between medical staff, nursing staff, administration and key personnel. Provide comprehensive oversight to the patient care and clinical services of the hospital.
- Provides direction and overall responsibility for improving quality of patient care, patient safety and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in the strategic and long-range planning of the hospital.
- Directs the development of goals and objectives for the patient care and clinical services that are in keeping with the hospital's Strategic Plan.
- Defines standards of care for nursing and patient care services, which promote and facilitate a multidisciplinary approach to patient care and coordination of care, meet regulatory, legal standards, and integrate evidence-based practice.
- Provides direction in development of planned, systematic processes for monitoring, evaluating, and improving the quality and appropriateness of nursing and patient care services.
- Provides direction in establishing the resource allocation priorities for the provision of nursing and patient care services, including the appropriate number and qualifications of staff members to provide care for patients.
- Guides and evaluates directors on areas of hiring, promotions, training, job development, continuing education, and recommended certification.
- Develops and administers the Hospital’s revenue, capital, and operating budgets for all patient care areas in collaboration with the Directors of those services.
- Core Competencies
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing issues, trends, rules, regulations and practice at state and national levels.
- Dynamic personality and active listener with the ability to communicate effectively with medical staff, patients, families, external individuals, groups and agencies.
- Proven ability to lead/direct nursing leaders in the execution of nursing services activities that achieve expected outcomes through the utilization of sound clinical skills and talents, and the ongoing application of emerging best practice modalities.
- Knowledge of current theoretical approach to delivering nursing care and strategies for training.
- Knowledge of innovative leadership management and performance improvement concepts. Proven track record with improvement of patient satisfaction and employee satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively develop and oversee a multimillion-dollar budget ensuring cost effective use of available people and materials resources.
- Ability to design programs, which improve patient care services, and to empower others to do likewise.
- Demonstrated success in improving throughput of patients, full capacity protocol and discharge of patients.
- Ability to participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Hospital’s strategic plans, decision making processes, planning, promoting and conducting organization-wide performance improvement strategies. Demonstrated successes while making use of data driven decision-making.
- Ability to interpret Hospital and department policies, objectives, and operational procedures.
- Ability to review, evaluate and recommend changes to administrative policies to ensure objectives are achieved, policies are adhered to and regulatory, accrediting and operational procedures are in compliance.
- Ability to establish a vision and plans that guide directors/managers on areas of hiring, promotions, training, job development, disciplinary actions and other personnel actions, as appropriate, and conduct performance reviews in accordance with Human Resources policies and contractual agreements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, colleagues and the general public.
Minimum Education Requirements:
BSN Required. Masters degree required
Minimum License Requirements:
NYS RN Required
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media