Functional Safety Engineer - Automotive
- Experience working with automotive systems (3+ years)
- Must have bench experience (testing & validation)
- Experience working with ATI Vision, ETAS INCA, Mathworks suite, etc.
- High level understanding of ISO 26262
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with customers and suppliers.
- Proven communication, teamwork and organizational talents.
- Hunger for continuous learning, growth and curiosity
- Willingness for business trips as needed
- DOORS, PTC Integrity, and MediniAnalyze tools knowledge beneficial
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to work and travel independently
- Ability to understand functionality in both electrical and mechanical aspects of role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and Review Functional Safety Test and Fault Injection Test Plan with stake holders
- Lead Full/Delta Functional Safety Tests Verification and Validation on bench and vehicle
- Lead Full/Delta Fault Injection Tests Verification and Validation on bench and vehicle
- Prepare Full/Delta test reports for Functional Safety Test and Fault Injection Tests
- Perform Delta Safety Assessment (SW/Cal updates) during SW Releases
- Support Delta Safety Assessment appraisal activities with customer
- Create and Maintain project specific Functional Safety Work Products
- Ensure required Functional Safety Work Products (V&V) fulfil Delta Safety Assessment
- Maintain the Project Safety Case Checklist for the SW releases with the Functional Safety Manager for ECU HW & SW, Sub-System and System.
- Support Internal and External Functional Safety Managers with
- Support Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment activities
- Support for SW Release Approval Process
- Support technical safety concept including system safety requirements
- Support Functional Safety and Fault Injection Test report reviews
- Support functional safety related audits and assessments.
- Support functional safety test, etc. activities to maintain functional safety in production (e.g. EOL test, calibration process) and operation phases (e.g. field monitoring, modification process)
- Support the system design engineer with impact analysis of system design changes on functional safety and ensure that functional safety is maintained on product level.
- Support the sub-system and system design within qualitative and quantitative System FMEA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
- Support and maintain safety case related activities.
- Support SW PEM and Vehicle Integration Manager during S/W, H/W and Product Releases
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media