Sr. PLC Automation Engineer
A Growing and successful control systems integration and services company needs automation and controls engineers with PLC systems programming experience in Baton Rouge, LA or working remotely. This position requires the installation and maintenance of PLC systems and other electronic automation equipment. This involves analyzing requirements for installation, commissioning and inspecting systems hardware and software, troubleshooting and resolving problems, and managing the customer’s needs over the life of the relationship. This position requires technical acumen, ability for critical analysis and attention to detail with an emphasis on solid computer skills. This position requires the ability to travel to remote customer sites across the United States.
Why work here?
- Flexible work hours
- Work remotely or from the office in Baton Rouge, LA
- Relocation assistance provided for move to Baton Rouge
- Generous paid time off policy, paid holidays
- Full benefits
- Growth potential
- Lead programming and configuration efforts on PLC platforms (Allen-Bradley preferred)
- Perform detailed functional tests on systems integrated from different vendors
- Perform specialized installation and troubleshooting tasks and to maintain configuration databases under minimum supervision
- Concept design for new PLC systems (centralized, decentralized, dual redundant, safety systems, etc.)
- PLC programming, testing, installation and commissioning as required
- Design of HMI and SCADA interface
- 8 years plus of experience programming PLC systems (Allen-Bradley, Siemens)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. and have a stable work history. Sponsorship is not available
- Must be willing to work a 2-week on, 2-week off, rotation to West Texas and /or New Mexico
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media