Railcar Fleet Program Manager
$85000 to $100000 Per Year
We're seeking a Railcar Fleet Program Manager for our client in Houston, TX.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with the distribution and logistics teams to ensure that the RAILCAR program is meeting the overarching needs of the business (i.e. building a team across functional lines).
- Manage the lifecycle of approximately 150 Argon cryogenic railcars and 150 Carbon Dioxide railcars to ensure the effective management of the railcar fleet from specification development/design standardization through acquiring, maintaining and retiring the railcar
- Contribute/lead the development of safe operating practices and improvement to Argon and Carbon Dioxide railcars specification and design
- Develop, establish and execute the railcar life cycle strategy for railcar (3-5 yrs) with annual review and update with all internal stakeholders
- Establish, implement, and monitor railcar maintenance processes and procedures with internal and external stakeholders (monthly, quarterly, annual)
- Establish, implement, and monitor railcar maintenance key performance indicators (KPI’s) in order to increase the reliability, availability, and maintainability (RAM) of the railcar fleet
- Identify, define and manage the critical success measures necessary to enhance operational performance of the railcar trailer fleet. This should include: availability, reliability and vacuum health/integrity in order to minimize product losses.
- Lead, supervise, manage the Railcar Mechanic and Railcar Inspector located in Bayport, TX in setting performance goals and objectives in the management of the entire railcar fleet.
- Coordinate railcar maintenance and operation initiatives with distribution product loading and unloading stakeholders throughout the Argon and CO2 supply chain network
- Coordinate with engineering competency to validate performance specifications/capabilities
- Work with engineering to develop and maintain new build specification as well as establishing a refurbishment standard to increase the RAM of the trailer fleet
- Establish and maintain communication w/ Supply Chain Management, National Scheduling Center, and National Product Supply in managing the fleet of Argon and Carbon Dioxide railcars via formal scheduled reviews and reports
- Conduct Railcar Cost Center analysis and review to evaluate/identify trends and create action plans to address negative trends to improve financial performance
- Provide appropriate training and assist in the development of vendor/supplier training and materials to enhance vendor partnerships and increase effective maintenance
- Identify cost saving initiatives with suppliers of parts/fluids and services and create programs/process to capitalize on cost saving initiatives
- Maintain Vendor relations, Assist in negotiating pricing, supplies, and service availability w/various vendors
- Create, submit, and manage appropriate budgetary requirements for the purchase of services or parts via Capital Asset Request (CAR) budgetary request program.
- Ensure compliance with established technical requirements and risk requirements
- Execute all efforts in alignment with AMG Distribution & Logistics Core Values and Fleet Department Mission, Vision and associated Customer, Process, and People goals
- Execute additional Fleet Department initiatives and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management or technical field required
- Program, Project Management, Lean Six Sigma certification/training preferred
- Solid project management/implementation skills with sustained improvements
- 5+ years of railcar experience preferred in organizational operations, and asset management
- Strong knowledge of PC productivity tools such as MS Office and or Google Apps (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Proven knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other safety/industry organization standards
- Excellent communication (presentation) and negotiating skills, both verbal and written documentation
- Strong Business and Financial experience including proficient P & L experience
- Strong team leadership and participation skills (proactive, exhibits daily initiative)
- Ability to travel up to 30% throughout North America, on limited to no notice for crisis action response
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media