Area Controls Engineer - Indiana
Our client, a leading Industrial Gas company, is currently seeking an Area Controls Engineer to join their team East of the Gary, IN area. This individual will support the region for all controls and measurement systems, including Remote Operations. A great company, decent compensation and excellent benefits make this a very compelling opportunity for individuals that want to progress in their career.
- Supports the Head of Supply in achieving key outcomes in safety, reliability, efficiency, cost and customer service.
- Supports the Regional Reliability and Maintenance team by establishing a culture of safety in working and in the execution of all aspects of the teams role requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and quality standards within the region.
- Provides technical, troubleshooting and maintenance support to all ASU, CO2, ECOVAR, H2, He and HyCO plants within the region for all controls and measurement systems, including Remote Operations, Plant Auto Start, Supervisory and LMPC Control, Operations Portal, Expert Systems, Metering and Monitoring Systems, Automated data collection, Pipeline Demand Management, Automated Trailer Fill and the security of the controls network.
- Ensures the reliable and efficient operation of all controls and measurement systems within the region by:
- Performing controls and measurement systems reliability, efficiency, I/O health check and contingency reviews and assessments and monitors the completion of action plans to reduce and eliminate identified gaps and risks
- Proactively reviewing and ensuring up to date controls and measurement system condition based data and equipment reports to ensure reliable operation
- Supporting the development of controls and measurement system reliability and maintenance procedures for internal standards publication
- Reviewing and approving the application of local controls and measurement system PM’s, work instructions, and related procedures.
- Reviewing the quality and completeness of controls and measurement system PM execution at assigned plant locations
- Ensuring that agreed controls and measurement system maintenance strategies are fully implemented at all sites
- Ensuring that all sites have active controls and measurement system contingency plans with identified reliability risks mitigated per plan
- Ensuring that critical controls and measurement system spare parts are on hand and in a condition for immediate use and are replenished in a timely manner once consumed
- Developing Critical Equipment Quality Control plans for controls and measurement system maintenance activities
- Leading the rectification of failed controls and measurement systems, including EMOC, plant/equipment outage decision making and root cause analysis
- Identifies, defines, estimates, budgets, develops, plans and executes controls and measurement system turnaround maintenance activities, improvement and relife projects within the region.
- Assess the technical competency of controls and measurement system contractors and service providers to ensure proper scope is assigned and the expected quality is received.
- Leads and executes controls and measurement system programs and projects within each area in support of high performance supply chain operations and continuous improvement within the region.
- Provides controls and measurement system scope, estimation and execution support to the Projects Group for large improvement and relife projects within the region.
- Represent the regions controls and measurement systems reliability interests in the proposal and project commercialization process, including scope and spares input and new plant acceptance.
- Completes regional controls and measurement system reviews of major EMOCs’ for completeness and consistency with technical standards.
- Leads or supports root cause analysis and ensures timely action item closure.
- Supports the development of location and regional budgets on an annual basis.
- Supports the effort for continuous improvement through GAP and Six Sigma programs.
- Works with the ROC to execute controls and measurement systems projects and initiatives identified to drive performance and close performance gaps.
- Working with the Regional Supply Manager, identifies and develops and delivers technical controls and measurement system training for the region.
- Demonstrates HPO continuous improvement by sharing best practices employed or developed in RBU NA and adopt best practices identified by global peers.
- Ensures that applicable material procurement and control processes are consistent with company standards for corporate governance.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering required
- Minimum of 15 years' experience with at least 5 years in an operational and engineering environment
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
- Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of controls and measurement systems, including Remote Operations, Plant Auto Start, Supervisory and LMPC Control, Operations Portal, Expert Systems, Metering and Monitoring Systems, Automated data collection, Pipeline Demand Management, Automated Trailer Fill and the security of the controls network
- General expertise in instrumentation, analyzers and networking preferred
- Proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA methodologies
- Proven experience and knowledge of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and codes
- Air Separation experience and knowledge preferred
- Experience with CMMS systems required, SAP PM preferred
- Professional qualifications and licensing preferred
- Six Sigma qualification a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow through to completion on projects and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment or independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs
- Knowledgeable in plant operations. Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate to financial terms to support investment and business case development
- Continuous improvement drive and ability to implement change in a geographically diverse organization. Relentless drive to challenge the status quo.
- Management by influence – experience delivering results in a highly matrixed organization and the ability to influence others to deliver results.
- Self starter with the ability to manage multiple activities and achieve results with minimal supervision
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media