We are a hi-tech automation distributor that works with manufacturing companies in Wisconsin and Northern Illinois. We provide innovative solutions with the largest breadth of products and services in the Midwest and represent and support the world’s leading vendors in robotics, vision, PLCs and motion control. Our customers rely on us to help reduce risk, costs and provide a variety of value- added services based on our customers’ requirements.
Our headquarters is located in Milwaukee, WI, with additional offices and operations in the Fox Valley and Chicagoland areas.
Job Location: Elgin, IL
Benefits: 401k (w/company matching), Health/Vision/Dental/LTD insurance, Vacation/Sick available to full time employees
Full/Part Time: Full Time
General Description: This is an application engineering and sales support role. You will support our sales engineers and customers in the pre and post application sales process. Up to 50% of your time will be programming, which may be done in our office, or onsite at customers depending on the application requirements. In addition, you will take on a technical knowledge and support role for a subset of the technologies offered by our vendors which we support for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Sales Engineers and customers with product demonstrations, product sizing and selection, proof of concepts, testing, programming, and general technical support
- Have the ability to assess and resolve technical challenges, utilizing vendor resources when necessary for the best solution
- Be the primary contact for technical knowledge on your assigned products, attend sales calls and promote their products with demonstrations and presentations
- Develop a working knowledge of our products, with a strong focus on your specialty products
- Position will be based out of our Elgin, IL office with local travel for sales calls, programming and application start-ups or troubleshooting, occasional overnight travel, fairly uncommon.
- Interaction with customers to understand “Scope of Work” is necessary.
- Some evening or weekend work may be expected to meet deadlines or urgent customer driven support demands
- Other technical duties as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering
- Experience with PLC, HMI, industrial computer, industrial communication and I/O, robotics, sensors, safety, machine vision and industrial motion control products is a plus
- Strong communication and time management skills
- 2-4 Years of Experience
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media