Sanitation Supervisor Day Shift (Bi-lingual)
Job Title: Sanitation Team Leader 1
Summary: The Sanitation Team Leader manages the organization's Food Safety Management System (FSMS), overseeing food safety processes, audits, corrective actions and keeping the organization informed of food safety issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Food Safety Prerequisite programs as assigned by the plant’s SQF practitioner
- Coordinate all internal Food Safety Self Inspections and Corrective Action plans.
- Periodically review all food safety procedures and instructions, to ensure they remain current.
- Evaluate Suppliers food safety systems; monitor and report on supplier food safety performance on an ongoing basis.
- Coordinate training and development of employees for all factory food safety programs (areas include but not limited to: sanitation, GMP, Pest Control, trailer/railcar inspection programs, compliance inspections and hygienic engineering, Food Defense)
- Provide support for all internal and external audits of the factory including SQF, Non GMO, Organic, Regulatory and Customer.
- Assure SOPs and SSOPs are in place and active for all critical functions.
- Manage the plant sanitation program by reviewing, maintaining and updating the Master Sanitation and the master Cleaning schedules
- Provide leadership/direction in the area of hygienic design by working directly with the engineering and maintenance departments on Sanitary Design of equipment and modifications prior and during installation
- Responsible for conducting daily plant inspections for cleanliness and food safety hazards
- Work closely with operations team leaders in order to ensure that corrective and preventive actions as related to sanitation and food safety are being implemented and maintained.
- Supervise Food Safety associates activities to ensure that they are following all standard operating procedures for the department.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in a science field, preferably food science/ Must have 2 year degree, Technical or Vocational or substitute with experience.
HACCP Certification preferred
SQF Practitioner preferred
Minimum of three (3) years of Food Safety experience.
Minimum of two (2) years of management experience required.
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media