Water Resources Engineer
Position: WR Engineer
We are looking for a Water Resources Engineer for a client in the Orlando area. The position will work closely with the project managers working on watershed/stormwater projects (modeling, pollutant loading analysis, water quality calculations, writing reports, permitting, design, construction observations, and field reviews).
- Assist the project manager with directing the development and production of assigned projects.
- Mentor junior staff, check data entered into GIS databases, and review hydrologic, hydraulic, and/or water quality analysis and modeling to ensure completeness, and accuracy to engineering standards and practices.
- Analyze stormwater or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize natural water body flow ways and side banks, understand/reduce flooding, or repair channel sections.
- Prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work.
- Perform computer-aided design of stormwater channels, ditches, pipelines, and other drainage components to produce plans in accordance with various standards and criteria.
- Utilize specialized computer software for the analysis, design, and plans production of stormwater systems, including ICPR modeling.
- Produce detailed reports and other documentation.
- Make decisions and design or develop solutions to problems by applying accepted procedures and methodologies.
- PE license in the State of Florida (or ability to obtain within six months)
- 7 years of experience on watershed/stormwater (watershed studies, stormwater retrofits, drainage design, permitting, and field inspections is a plus).
- Knowledge of FDOT and municipal design criteria, standards, and plans preparation requirements
- Experience with ArcGIS, ICPR, MicroStation, and GEOPAK Drainage or equivalent software
- Ability to communicate effectively, thoroughly complete work tasks, and work well with others
Login to create notifications on the jobs you’re looking for!
Have any questions?
Let’s get in touch
Share on popular social media